College of American Pathologists Interview Questions in Northfield, IL | Glassdoor

College of American Pathologists Interview Questions in Northfield, IL

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Specialist I - Surveys Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College of American Pathologists (Northfield, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with HR about 4 days after I submitted an online application. About two weeks later I had an in-person interview with HR, the department manager, staff members who were in-person and working from home (via teleconference), and the department director. The questions were formal and pre-written. I believe my responses were being scored. At the end of the two hour interview, the director asked if I was keeping my options open for other positions outside of the company. I received an email about 2 weeks later saying other candidates are being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with a team where all participants have different ideas on how to complete the task?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at College of American Pathologists (Northfield, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

A month ago I submitted my resume for a Marketing Specialist position at the College of American Pathologists (CAP). Had a very good phone interview with a Marketing person. Right after the phone interview, an HR person emailed me and asks me to come in for a face-to-face interview. The day before the interview; which was scheduled a week and a half prior, I emailed the HR person to confirm the next day’s interview. The HR person didn't respond until almost 5 pm to tell me "the Marketing person had decided to take a different direction with their team and they were eliminating the Marketing Specialist role." I wonder when were they planning on letting me know that they were cancelling the interview?...when I showed up at CAP's office at 10 am the next morning. If I hadn't sent a confirmation, I suspect that's what would have happened.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview the Marketing person asked me if I could provide confidential documentation (Marketing Brief) from my former employer.   1 Answer

Web Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at College of American Pathologists (Northfield, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I first learned about the opportunity through a recruiter that works with CAP. I was connected with the hiring manager for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and I was asked to an in-person interview at their Northfield headquarters. I interviewed with three people: The HR director, the person whose role the new candidate would fill so that she would be able to move into a different area, and finally the hiring manager. The candidate before me (who ended up getting the job) was held over about 15 minutes into my interview slot. Obviously the hiring manager was impressed with this person. Overall I thought our conversation went well; I think the conversation with the previous candidate just went better and/or the skill set may have been a slightly better fit for them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would respond to certain scenarios that were apparently real scenarios that had happened - they wanted to know what steps I would take and any adjustments I might think of. This went well, and both the principal and the manager did a good job of explaining what the day-to-day tasks would be like.   Answer Question

Finance Division Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College of American Pathologists (Northfield, IL).

Interview

Initial contact was voicemail left by a staffing specialist, who initially left my phone number as her call back number. I then had a phone interview with another staffing specialist. Woman was very pleasant, no difficult questions, gave a good indication of the culture, who would succeed, etc. She said she would follow up if the hiring manager wanted to bring me in for an in person interview.

I was called back within a couple weeks to schedule an in-person interview. I was told 1:30pm, arrived at 1:15pm, and no one came to get me until 1:45pm. Interview started with meeting with staffing specialist, then met with HR Business Partner for over an hour. Nice person. Very informative of the culture, training, expectations for managers and team members.

Next was interview with hiring manager. Met for over an hour. Gave good indication of expectations, why role was open, where team was headed.

I sent my thank you notes, received replies from two of the people I met with that I would hear from them "next month", and that I was "in the running for the position".

I saw the job be reposted several times across multiple job boards. I have yet to hear from them, despite the dreaded "you're in the running" comment. After a month I followed up with an email to see where they were in the process and I have not heard back from them. Obviously communication is not that important to them.

Interview Questions

• Explain your management style.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College of American Pathologists (Northfield, IL).

Interview

Hiring process is thorough and provides an overall introduction to the organization and the position of interest.

Negotiation

Fair and competitive

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College of American Pathologists (Northfield, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Staffing Specialist was professional, attentive, and knowledgeable. Accessible for feedback and status. Overall, recruitment experience was positive. I provided outstanding remarks and feedback on the interview steps during the process and upon hire.

Interview Questions

• Probed deep into experience and applicable skills. Good overall explanation of the role and expectations. Provided me an opportunity to provide specific work examples and experiences that would contribute to the overall success of the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Staffing Specialist presented a welcomed offer to my skills.