College of DuPage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

College of DuPage Interview Questions

Interviews at College of DuPage

2.7

Clerical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at College of DuPage.

Interview

No interview was made due to knowing a professor who needs assistance to supervise an engineering seminar on a weekend. Due to my collaboration with my future supervisor, I later did work on the side during the weekends prior to the year ending and being hired on the spot as a student worker.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flexible time while very helpful while taking classes at COD for my associates degree.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College of DuPage.

Interview

Because I was referred through from a friend working at the College at the time, I did not have an interview at all. I was hired based on my credentials. Once hired I was reviewed the same semester, Summer 2013 and was given feedback. Since then I have been teaching every semester.

Interview Questions

• Discussed credentials and timings available to teach via email with the dean. She was amazingly nice and understanding of my job commitment and allowed me to start classes once I was more open.   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College of DuPage (Glen Ellyn, IL).

Interview

Typical interview. Met with the Dean, was asked questions about teaching philosophy and classroom management. I answered the questions and provided my qualifications. We made small talk. Then, the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of when you had to deal with a difficult student and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at College of DuPage (Glen Ellyn, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was very relaxing and calm. The room wasn't too big and the number of people I met with was reasonable for the job expectations. During the interview, questions were well thought out and appropriate.

Instructor, College Or University Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College of DuPage (Glen Ellyn, IL).

Interview

Once the hiring committee is interested in a candidate, the next step is a Skype, or in-person interview with the hiring committee. If the committee is still interested in the candidate, the next step is an in-class teaching demonstration. The outcome of these steps determines next steps.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy?   1 Answer

Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College of DuPage.

Interview

Asked about the role of the teacher in a community college and how it differed from teaching in a university. A teaching demonstration was required and then several questions were asked about the demonstration. After interviewing with faculty, several interviews happened with administration. Curriculum and committee opportunities were discussed. There were many questions about previous teaching experiences and how they related to the current job opening.

Interview Questions

• What are the roles played by a community college instructor?   1 Answer

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College of DuPage.

Interview

The interview was fine but their HR dept is very slow. Expect to wait months before hearing anything? Questions include topics like team work, balance, organization, etc. Each interview will be conducted by your specific hiring manager so there will be a lot of variance.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance conflicting priorities   1 Answer

Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College of DuPage (Glen Ellyn, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview took less than an hour. Very little questions were asked. Just reviewed my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not budge on salary

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at College of DuPage (Lisle, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. It was a phone interview and then I met with the office leadership. The questions asked and the general format were standard HR in nature.

Interview Questions

• What is your client interaction style?   1 Answer

Student Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at College of DuPage.

Interview

The process was very long, but the interview was not challenging. There was a basic presentation component and Q/A, but questions were pretty straight forward. HR is always a challenge to work with in higher education.