College of Lake County Interview Questions in Grayslake, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL).

Interview

I had to meet with a hiring team of about 6-7 people. I was asked questions by each of them and every candidate was asked the same exact questions. I was also asked to prepare a mock sales presentation selling the department and it's services.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about a client you had who was not happy with a project or service and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation excepted - I asked for a higher salary and was told there was not any chance of that.

Assistant Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Answered questions, it was professional but not intimidating. The panel reviewing me was small but made of staff relevant to the position being interviewed for. After questions, I took a computer test over Excel and Word software processes. I am rusty on those skills which is why I believe someone else must have been better at them and got the job. I was told I was being strongly considered.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of previously completed work, related to this position.   Answer Question

Career Recruiter and Other Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL).

Interview

Apply online by suppling cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts.

Phone screen - they tell you you have been selected for an interview, then HR gives you a topic for a powerpoint presentation that you must present at your interview. Some positions don't require this, but a few interviews I had with CLC do - it will state that on the job posting if it is needed.

Before the in person panel interview, I was given a vague topic that I had to present via HR - you will not have chance to ask questions to clarify what they mean because HR has no clue who is interviewing. It takes many hours to put the powerpoint together so you better have time to do this. They only tell you you can save it on a flash drive or disk. I always to well on PowerPoint presentations however, because I basically cut and paste nice looking graphics from CLC's website and that seems to impress them. But it is nerve wracking since you are not sure why they are asking you for that particular subject matter or what exactly they are looking for.

Before your fire suqad interview, you have to go into the HR dept and get all the info on benefits, etc etc and they give you papers even though they have not decided to hire you yet.

You are then walked into the room and interviewers give you the opportunity to either answer questions first or present your Ppt first. Each person takes a turn to ask the questions they have thought of their self I believe. I thought it was interesting that no direct manager or higher up who I would be reporting to was in my interview who I would be reporting to or even mentioned that who would be my supervisor.

Their policy for most interviews, from what I have been told on the job, is that you have to have at least 4 people sitting in the interview - some will be from entirely different departments you may never work with. I don't see the point in this policy, especially for certain positions that don't require this type of interviewing style like a part time clerk.

Then you get a call after interview rom HR to say it is between you and another person and then wait, and then if you are lucky get a phone call again from HR that you have been hired.

Not a fun interview and nerve wracking. I can see this type of firing squad interview for a Dean or some head honcho, but for a part time clerk or something of that nature is ridiculous to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation since the exact pay amount, to the penny, was given at job description online for applying.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

the supervisor was very nice and friendly she just mainly asked me a few questions and we talked about the description of the job and the next thing I know she hired me

Bookstore Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a call for an interview within a week. During the phone call, I arranged for a time to meet with the store manager. On the day of the interview, I met with the store manager and spoke with her for approximately 30 minutes before being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What prior work experience do you think would prepare you for this job?   Answer Question