College of Lake County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

College of Lake County Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.7

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College of Lake County.

Interview

I applied online after getting a recommendation letter from one of my teacher. A couple of days later, I got called in for an interview. Tracy interviewed me, very nice and kind.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years - why do you want to work here - tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL).

Interview

I had to meet with a hiring team of about 6-7 people. I was asked questions by each of them and every candidate was asked the same exact questions. I was also asked to prepare a mock sales presentation selling the department and it's services.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about a client you had who was not happy with a project or service and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation excepted - I asked for a higher salary and was told there was not any chance of that.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people, easy going interview. They were very nice, I actually felt very comfortable interviewing with them. They asked mostly behavioral questions and about some experience I had and what I expected for working here. One of the easiest interviews I've had.

Interview Questions

• Name a time at your workplace you had to deal with a rude customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Testing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at College of Lake County in November 2015.

Interview

About a month after I submitted an online application, I received a call from HR about scheduling an in-person interview and software proficiency test. Two days later, I went to CLC for the Excel and Word proficiency test. This proved more difficult than I expected because, for each task, you are only allowed three clicks. It is important to explicitly know where to go to, for example, add a function to the ribbon bar. One week later, I check in at CLC's HR office and was picked up by one of the four employees on my interview committee, all of which work within the testing department. We went to a conference room where I was seated at the head of the conference table and had two interviewers on each side. They took turns asking me questions from a script, twelve in total. Then they gave me the opportunity to ask them questions and that was it! They were all really friendly and took notes while I was speaking...because they were looking down and not looking at me, that really took a lot of the pressure off.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Why do you want to be apart of the College of Lake County?
      What experience do you have that is relevant to this position?
      CLC upholds a high level of privacy for its staff and students, how would you maintain this standard?
      Tell us how you would react if there were three students waiting to take exams, three teachers waiting to hand in exams, and no staff available for backup.
      A student is taking a computer-based exam in which the questions are read aloud to her, but the audio is not working. What do you do?
      CLC caters to a diverse student population. Tell us about your experience with diverse populations.
      Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Waukegan, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a round table discussion sort thing. They would take turns asking pre-set questions and waited for me to answer them. Because I applied for a bilingual position, they also called a bilingual co-worker and put me on the phone to talk to her to validate that I spoke spanish

Assistant Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Answered questions, it was professional but not intimidating. The panel reviewing me was small but made of staff relevant to the position being interviewed for. After questions, I took a computer test over Excel and Word software processes. I am rusty on those skills which is why I believe someone else must have been better at them and got the job. I was told I was being strongly considered.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of previously completed work, related to this position.   Answer Question

Career Recruiter and Other Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL).

Interview

Apply online by suppling cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts.

Phone screen - they tell you you have been selected for an interview, then HR gives you a topic for a powerpoint presentation that you must present at your interview. Some positions don't require this, but a few interviews I had with CLC do - it will state that on the job posting if it is needed.

Before the in person panel interview, I was given a vague topic that I had to present via HR - you will not have chance to ask questions to clarify what they mean because HR has no clue who is interviewing. It takes many hours to put the powerpoint together so you better have time to do this. They only tell you you can save it on a flash drive or disk. I always to well on PowerPoint presentations however, because I basically cut and paste nice looking graphics from CLC's website and that seems to impress them. But it is nerve wracking since you are not sure why they are asking you for that particular subject matter or what exactly they are looking for.

Before your fire suqad interview, you have to go into the HR dept and get all the info on benefits, etc etc and they give you papers even though they have not decided to hire you yet.

You are then walked into the room and interviewers give you the opportunity to either answer questions first or present your Ppt first. Each person takes a turn to ask the questions they have thought of their self I believe. I thought it was interesting that no direct manager or higher up who I would be reporting to was in my interview who I would be reporting to or even mentioned that who would be my supervisor.

Their policy for most interviews, from what I have been told on the job, is that you have to have at least 4 people sitting in the interview - some will be from entirely different departments you may never work with. I don't see the point in this policy, especially for certain positions that don't require this type of interviewing style like a part time clerk.

Then you get a call after interview rom HR to say it is between you and another person and then wait, and then if you are lucky get a phone call again from HR that you have been hired.

Not a fun interview and nerve wracking. I can see this type of firing squad interview for a Dean or some head honcho, but for a part time clerk or something of that nature is ridiculous to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation since the exact pay amount, to the penny, was given at job description online for applying.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

the supervisor was very nice and friendly she just mainly asked me a few questions and we talked about the description of the job and the next thing I know she hired me

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College of Lake County.

Interview

An individual from Human Resource contacted me and requested open availability to meet with the hiring committee. They informed me of what is required and expected in the interview. I came 15 minuets before the interview to Human Resources and then was picked up by an individual that sat on the hiring committee. We came to a dark classroom where the 8 committee members sat. They introduced themselves one by one and gave me the option to either start the interview or give my presentation. I gave my presentation first, waited to answer questions then proceeded with sitting to start the interview questions. They asked me a series of 20-25 questions that were tailored to the position and company culture and values. Much of the questions were behavioral. I didnt think I did well in the interview because the hiring individuals kept straight faces and didnt provide feedback but I got an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• I cant recall.. but I know there was a few that through me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bookstore Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at College of Lake County (Grayslake, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a call for an interview within a week. During the phone call, I arranged for a time to meet with the store manager. On the day of the interview, I met with the store manager and spoke with her for approximately 30 minutes before being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What prior work experience do you think would prepare you for this job?   Answer Question