Colliers International Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colliers International (Honolulu, HI) in February 2008.

Interview

The company posted an ad on Craigslist. After the initial meeting, a basic accounting skills test was given (written, calculator allowed). As long as you know your accounting equation, how to create journal entries, and basic accounting principles (no prior period adjustments, accrual based vs. cash based accounting, and general ledger principles) you should do fine. From my observation, how you perform on the test will determine the difficulty of the portfolio assigned to you. The second interview is much easier - you will most likely go to lunch with staff members for an informal meeting where your personality will be (indirectly) assessed.

As for the people, office, and work culture - pleasant, overall. I'd say the value of desirable work qualities are in this order: 1. The ability to get along and be pleasant (no matter what), 2. To form as many important connections as possible, 3. To understand how to communicate with the executives (think "chain of command"), 4. Determine all the "inter-relationships" between executives/staff (Asian and Hawaiian culture has a huge influence).

Interview Questions

• There are really no "difficult" or "unexpected" questions asked. It is pretty standard - what is your relevant experience, what can you bring to the company, and what is your general personality?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Colliers International

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Colliers International.

Interview

30 min phone interview. Straight forward, nice interviewer. Very professional. After the interview, I was had to do an online 12 min multiple choice skills test, given 12 mins to answer as many questions as possible (max. 50 questions).

Interview Questions

• Asked about specific accounting related experience, asked to elaborate on my resume job duties.   Answer Question