Collin County Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Collin County Community College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.6

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Collin County Community College.

Interview

The interview process was quick but the hiring process took over a month. The interview itself was pretty standard. I met with the director over the department that I applied for. I was then told that I'd hear back from them or HR if I was offered the position. I figured I didn't get it since it took over a month for HR To call me.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collin County Community College.

Interview

In person interview with a committee of 2-3 advisors, including the director of advising. Interview is relatively brief. Questions were relevant to the job. HR takes some time so hiring process can seem a little daunting but it is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• "How do you deal with stress?", and student situation-based questions   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Collin County Community College (McKinney, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job online, through the HR website. Received a call some time later to have an interview set up. When I showed up on the day of the interview, I was seen quickly. The interviewer was not especially warm or inviting, although they did make a point of letting me read over the job description (the same one that had been posted online, to which I applied). The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and was very much interview-style rather than conversational. As a professional who has interviewed candidates in the past, I feel strongly that an interviewer should try to put the candidate at ease in order to gain a better insight into who that person is. Regardless, I was told that a decision would be made within a week, but I never heard from them again. No call, no email, no nothing. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• To describe how I would handle a workload while constantly being interrupted (part of the job).   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Collin County Community College (Frisco, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had two in persons interview. The director of advising and other advisors enjoyed my answers and both interviews went very well. HR sent me consent to do a background check. I knew I had the job. Then the director of advising called me and stated HR said I need a year of academic affairs experience. Why even have me come in for interviews just to not hire me. I have two degrees and great experience. I was qualified.

Part Timer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collin County Community College (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Average interview with who was going to be my boss. A lot of situational scenario questions. I was given a review of the job and its description, a list of daily tasks, and given the hourly pay information. Was told I would hear back within the week, a week later they called, very prompt.

Curator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collin County Community College (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Online job application, in-person committee interview for the position. The committee members met ahead of time for the interview and had prepared extensive questions. I was given the questions to briefly look over while being interviewed which help with the more in-depth questions. The faculty and members of the committee were very professional and the questions were overall on point to the position of hire.

Interview Questions

• What are your two favorite artists and why? What trend do you see happening in art?   Answer Question

Professor, Humanities Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Collin County Community College (McKinney, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Submit a lengthy online application to HR; participate in an over the phone interview with the hiring committee; interview in person with the entire hiring committee of full-time faculty members, meet with and interview with the Dean. The follow-up and job offer were conducted via telephone. Oddly, the Dean sounded surprised when I accepted the offer tendered.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength in the classroom?
      Would you please elaborate on your credentials?
      Why should we hire you?
      1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Collin County Community College (Plano, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Sat down with employer in the office in a calm environment. Asked questions pertaining to job, such as ability with Microsoft Office and how I react in certain situations. Overall your basic interview questions, but expect demonstrating your skills as well (such as formatting a document or displaying CPR certification)

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to adjust the printing of a powerpoint to where you can print out multiple slides on one page?   1 Answer
    • Do you have HeartSaver CPR/First Aid/AED Certification?   1 Answer
    • How do you react to a student or faculty member being angry?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKibben, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Collin County Community College (McKibben, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

30 minutes job fit and behavioral interview. Straight forward and not too complicated if you know what you're talking about. The hiring manager and a few others were there. Very friendly and straight forward folks. Was happy to be part of the team

Interview Questions

• Give as an example of a time that you had to find an out-of-the box solution   1 Answer

Associate Faculty Interview

Interview

Met with department chair, went over applicable experience, talked about class opportunities and schedule. Toured the building and showed me how to access everything I would need. Worked with me on what classes I could teach with my schedule.

Negotiation

NA