Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Associated Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Associated Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The entire process took about 2 weeks. I applied online, and then was sent a questionnaire type email that I was to fill out and return within 48 hours. Next there was a 30 minute phone interview asking questions about past work experience. I was immediately told that the phone interview went well and I chose a day to come in the following week for an onsite interview.
This is where it got interesting... I was interviewed in a room with the 2 managers of the call center and immediately became very uncomfortable when I was questioned where I was from because of my accent. The manager also mentioned that he liked my resume but I did not look like what he imagined I would, based on my resume. We went through a few questions that I expected.."why do you want to work here" and the manager interrupted me to tell me I seemed extremely nervous and my lip was quivering. I told them I was a little nervous (but I was not shaking and who isn't a little nervous for a job interview?) After a series of questions I was given a description of services provided by a fictitious hotel and given 1 minute to look over it. Then one manager left the room to be the caller for a mock phone call while the other manager stayed in the room to observe me. The manger came over the phone acting as a rude customer asking if he could bring his dog to the hotel. The paper said 'no pets' so I informed him of that and suggested he put the dog in a pet hotel. After the phone call, the manager came back into the room and listed things I did wrong. Overall, I felt I did well in the interview, and I was offered the job the same day. I declined the job offer because I felt as though my looks and accent caused the interviewers to demean me throughout the interview and I was not treated with the professionalism that I expect.

Interview Questions

• List 3 reasons why you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

The interviewers made unprofessional comments and made me feel very uncomfortable throughout the interview because of my accent and where I am from.

Other Interview Reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Associated Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job in Feb not knowing what may happen. In Apr I got an e-mail stating that my application was still being looked at that I was invited to the open house. I went and also did a small interview. The open house is nice they make you feel so welcome. In the open house you get an insight on what the job is and how you can become an employee. In May I got an e-mail that had a questionnaire attached to it. I filled it out and a week later I had a phone interview. Phone interview went great. I made it to the next step and was asked to
     set up a in person interview in Jun. Please! Wear a business suit!!! Don't look like you want a job at chic-fila. There were two managers that interviewed me. I was nervous but did not show it. They will ask various questions. Articulate and express your strengths. A few days later I was offered the job. The process will take a little while but stay on your A game do not wait to fill out any paper work do it asap.

Associated Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in October 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus, then scheduled a phone interview. The interview went well, lasted about 30 minutes, then two weeks later was invited to onsite, final round interview. Meet with managers, current employees, former employees that transferred to other departments, and viewed the contact center. Interview consisted of two interviewers (panel style) that asked behavioral type questions. Very warm environment and easy to talk within.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when things did not go as you had planned.   Answer Question

Associate Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in June 2016.

Interview

I passed the Questionnaire, and then the phone interview I don't think that I passed because I was told that they would forward my information to a hiring manager and they will review my information and get back with me within the next 2 weeks.

Associate Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

A recruiter from the Tennessee office calls for a phone interview which takes about 30 minutes. Once that interview is passed you will be scheduled for a face to face interview with 1 or 2 of the managers from the department you are applying for. From there you will be asked to submit to a background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• How would you service a disgruntled customer?   1 Answer

Associated Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in August 2010.

Interview

Very good interview, writing sample required

Associated Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was a breeze ... Hiring managers were engaging. The interview process was a mere 30 minutes.