Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Benefits Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Benefits Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

2.2

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Lacey, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruiter e-mailed me saying that she'd seen my resume online and wanted to schedule an interview. We set one up, and then I started researching the company a bit more. I found that most of the positions they offer are commission only contract positions. I asked the recruiter if this is the sort of position I was interviewing for, and she said that was not the case. So, I went to the interview, and the first words out of the interviewers mouth were "This is a commission only position." At that point I ended the interview. These positions only work for experienced sales people, and I am certainly not one. I also do not appreciate being lied to right from the start.

Interview Questions

• There's a questionnaire at the beginning, but it's mostly a formality. There are questions like where you see yourself in five years, but nothing unexpected. They are mostly trying to sell you the position, so they are not terribly interested in whether or not you are qualified. There's no loss for them if you don't make any sales.   Answer Question

Not interested

Other Interview Reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Naperville, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was in a conference room with 9 other applicants. Interview went on for about 3 hours. This was informative. Good advice given to us in referencing to job hunting. Was a Little disappointed bc E-Mail stayed this was not going to be a sales position, but it is a sales position. Salary based strictly on commission!

Interview Questions

• What ate 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses u have in the working world?   Answer Question
    • How would a past employer describe u in 3 words?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (McLean, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

I interviewed at McLean location. The interview was literally only 15 minutes. I am very glad it was quick and to the point. I felt pretty comfortable and open. I was offered the position after the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Naperville, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Two part interview. The first part was a large group to explain the culture, roles, benefits, etc. The coordinator asked two questions that each individual answered. The second interview was with the coordinator and two other managers. This was more typical question and answer.

Interview Questions

• Two words to describe what you hope to gain from Colonial Life.   Answer Question
    • How do you fit in with Colonial Life?   1 Answer