Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Benefits Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Benefits Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Farmville, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

I got a phone call that they would like me to come in for an interview. I received the call on Monday at 11:00a asking me to come in for an interview at 10:00a the next morning. Luckily, I was able to come with less than 24 hours notice.
I was told during the phone call that I would receive an email with more details, including the location of the interview. I never received an email, but about 6:00p that night, I received a text with an address. I googled the address and saw that it was at a hotel. I replied asking if that was the correct address and never got a response. That was my first sign that something didn’t seem right.
I showed up to the interview the next morning, along with 4 other people. The “interviewer” showed up about 15 minutes late and took us all back into a conference room. He then proceeded to tell us about the company, how he got involved with the company, the opportunities that were available, and how much money we could make. He did inform us that this was a commission-based job. Towards the end of the “interview” he said that we would have to go through training in order to become certified to sell insurance (makes sense). He then told us to circle our name (we had signed in when we got there) if we were interested in moving forward, and he left the room. I circled my name out of curiousity in seeing how this played out. I never saw the interviewer again after he left the room.
Later that same evening (about 5:00p), I got a call wanting to set up another interview for 9:30a the next morning. I told the lady that I wouldn’t be able to make it. She then asked if I could come in earlier and I said, “No. I have a doctor’s appointment at 8:30a 60 miles away.” She then told me that the guy who led the “interview “ was impressed with me and told me that I could skip the second interview and they would just go ahead and hire me. (This set off a red flag due to the fact that I didn’t say a word during the first “interview.”) She then told me she would send an email with a link to go ahead and pay for the training course, which she said was ~$300 and would consist of me going to a town 80 miles away for an entire day and then completing the training online the following day. The kicker: the training was going to be on that Thursday and Friday. (This phone call happened on Tuesday.) I said “okay” and waited for an email. Late that night, about 8:00p, I received a text with a link (again, no email like I was told). The next morning I got a text saying to let her know when I had paid so she could save me a seat at the training. I ignored the text and got another text that afternoon asking if I was still interested in the position. I informed her that I was not and she wished me luck in the future.
Overall, it felt like a scam. Commission only job. 1 “interview” that was really an information session. Allowed to skip the 2nd interview, but required to pay $300 the next day in order to be hired. Multiple text messages when I was told I would be receiving emails.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Was under the impression I was going in for my own individual interview but it ended up being with 6 other people and sitting through a presentation about the company. The guy wasn't the person I was emailing with and didn't know anything about me once we spoke one on one. I heard the staff making fun of my name when I gave them my resume. Very disrespectful. Email sent out was a mass email to anyone willing to go in for an interview. no base pay and asked me if i was okay with not getting paid for a few months.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Irving, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Very deceitful job ad to get people in the office. Ad said specifically I am NOT looking for sales people. That is exactly what the job is. Made it sound like a base salary and it is commission only. Going business to business to drum up clients.

Interview Questions

• No questions since I knew after the group into it was a scam.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in May 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application online (in the late evening) , and the very 1st thing in the morning I received an email saying they have "decided to go in another direction." Usually when this happens, the company already has a person in mind for the position and applications are just a formality.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC).

Interview

I was interviewed by two individuals, (a trainer and manager from the department I applied to). It was about a 15 minute process. The questions were very standard and typical of a traditional interview. They made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you were a leader within a team effort or project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Long Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with a Recruiter to discuss my resume, the job description, company salary and benefits (self-employed, you pay for your own benefits, employer discount). Upon acceptance of employment, there is a skill test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What's your insurance background and experience? Do you like working in the public or business sector?   Answer Question