Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Customer Service Specialist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Customer Service Specialist I

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for an invitational event that Colonial Life hosted to fill multiple openings in their contact center. The first round was a phone interview; this was to test your fit with the organization and seemed to be an opportunity to determine if you actually value customer service.

The second round was the event itself. The broke candidates down into groups of ten (there was at least one other group of ten that left as mine arrived, but it is highly likely that they had been seeing candidates all day). Once everyone arrives, you attend a brief informational session, where contact center employees and supervisors take a few minutes each to explain their roles.

After the first session, the group is divided into two. One group gets a brief session on benefits from someone in HR. The other takes a quick tour of the Contact Center before interviews begin. The groups then switch.

The interview itself is with two people: one who works in the contact center and one who works in another department. It is your standard behavioral interview, so make sure you prepare plenty of situations that deal with customer service and working as a member of a team.

The last part of your interview will be a mock call. Mine dealt with assisting one of the interviewers in scheduling a stay at a fictional hotel, based off of information you are given a few minutes to look over and may reference during the call.

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion in which you were able to persuade someone over to your way of thinking.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

In order to apply for the position, you had to list previous employment and all of your job duties. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and during the phone interview you discussed your primary job duties and the length of time in each prior position. You were also asked 3 to 4 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your supervisor criticized your work.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

I submitted an application; was asked for a phone interview. Two days later had the phone interview which lasted approx 30 mins. Went to in-person interview with two managers for 1 hour. Went over resume and behavioral questions followed by a mock call.

A few days later was asked to consent to background and drug test. Got the call to accept the offer. The entire process lasted about three weeks and was thorough! This is the best interview that I've ever been to.