Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Ontario, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I was invited to a lunch where a video presentation was played, question and answers were the process to follow along with showing of commission structure. Call back was in order the interview was more of a plea from them to me to join the company and very respectful of my situation as a part timer.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Agreeable

Other Interview Reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

East interview, hired immediately

no structure too many hours

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

Answered newspaper ad. Interviewed almost immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very Short overview of your resume with a few leadership questions. Most of the interview was about finding out what I had done in the past jobs and what was my reason for applying. Compensation plan description was used to motivate me into taking the job. After the interview be ready to be unpaid for a month or longer in order to get licensed by the state and company and wait for materials to get in ( business cards ).

Interview Questions

• How have you displayed self discipline in the workplace?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its a commission based job so there is no negotiation. Be ready to not be licensed or paid for the first 30+ days. Taking the insurance test takes a week of studying then you need to be licensed by the company and that takes 1-2 weeks then your business cards need to come in 1-2 weeks.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in June 2017.

Interview

I was introduced to the company in the Chicago office and given a thorough run down of the goals and expectations within he company. The compensation was laid out and advancement was a constant point of interest from both the interviewer and interviewee. Great environment.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Lubbock, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The District Manager explained everything in detail and really made me want to join since I have had bad experiences with other companies as an Agent. She actually treated me as a human.

Interview Questions

• What kind of obstacles do you face?
      How do you handle objections?
      Describe a time where you handled an unruly client who was angered by claims.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in July 2017.

Interview

First interview was with a hiring manager. Just something to get your feet wet and get a sense of the job. They called me back to schedule an interview with the district manager. He asked me questions about my education and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy and straight forward. Easiest and most informative interview that I've ever been involved with. Company is amazing. Only con is I wish I would of found out about this job years ago!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I received an email to schedule the interview time. But when I got there, I found a lot of people. That was not actually an interview. Just an info session to introduce their company history and how great it is to be an insurance agent. And most importantly, they provide course to pass the license exam.

Interview Questions

• How much money are you going to make from now to end of this year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Renton, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

LOL.. this is like every other 1099 JOB!! You work for your self!! FREE!! You work with and for rookie managers. Therefore this is one of the easiest job in sales to get!! No sales experience of anykind needed. They are hiring anyone that can afford to work for FREE without any benefits for a year and on a 1099. They don't pay for anything nor testing nor licensing. It takes a month to pass the test and 90 days from that to make a sale and another 90 days to get your 1st check. It takes a year before your covering expenses. You should expect you to work/train 7AM to 9PM for a full year. Mamangment works harder on hiring your replacement then working with you in the field.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here was asked over and over?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They try to tell you over and over.... your a 1099 not W2. They are interviewing hundreds a month. Hoping one will work for FREE for 90 days ! If they really want you... and believe in you, They'll cover all classes and license and more. Plus give you a free computer and phone, plus more. Hold out for all that and more.