Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

2.1

Sort:

ADM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Denver, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

It was an easy process, they will hire anyone that says yes to a 1099 position. Interview and background was easy. Communication was a little slow though

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Lacey, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruiter e-mailed me saying that she'd seen my resume online and wanted to schedule an interview. We set one up, and then I started researching the company a bit more. I found that most of the positions they offer are commission only contract positions. I asked the recruiter if this is the sort of position I was interviewing for, and she said that was not the case. So, I went to the interview, and the first words out of the interviewers mouth were "This is a commission only position." At that point I ended the interview. These positions only work for experienced sales people, and I am certainly not one. I also do not appreciate being lied to right from the start.

Interview Questions

• There's a questionnaire at the beginning, but it's mostly a formality. There are questions like where you see yourself in five years, but nothing unexpected. They are mostly trying to sell you the position, so they are not terribly interested in whether or not you are qualified. There's no loss for them if you don't make any sales.   Answer Question

Not interested

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Naperville, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was in a conference room with 9 other applicants. Interview went on for about 3 hours. This was informative. Good advice given to us in referencing to job hunting. Was a Little disappointed bc E-Mail stayed this was not going to be a sales position, but it is a sales position. Salary based strictly on commission!

Interview Questions

• What ate 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses u have in the working world?   Answer Question
    • How would a past employer describe u in 3 words?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (McLean, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

I interviewed at McLean location. The interview was literally only 15 minutes. I am very glad it was quick and to the point. I felt pretty comfortable and open. I was offered the position after the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Naperville, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Two part interview. The first part was a large group to explain the culture, roles, benefits, etc. The coordinator asked two questions that each individual answered. The second interview was with the coordinator and two other managers. This was more typical question and answer.

Interview Questions

• Two words to describe what you hope to gain from Colonial Life.   Answer Question
    • How do you fit in with Colonial Life?   1 Answer

Benefits Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weedsport, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Weedsport, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

i was contacted by the office and was told that my resume was found on career builder and would I be available for an interview. My first interview was postponed. My second interview I showed up and was interviewed by a different person that I was scheduled for. he was very nice and we chatted about our backgrounds and the company. The person I was scheduled for did come in who was also very nice,apologized for being late and told me about the position which is being self employed and requires an online course and some testing and then a state license. although I was not interesred in a commission based career-somehow both of these people made me feel that I was more than capable of achieving a nice salary, flexible schedule and to help people in the process and I would be successful at it. they did tell me there would be cold calling involved, presentations to business owners and also employee presentations. Everything they have stated was pretty accurate. i have been here about 8 months. Nice people!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever considered getting your license for insurance?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable would you be speaking to a group of 25 people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a self employed position, no negotiations involved.

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Not much of a process. They explain that is commission only, and if candidate approves, then they begin the hiring process. They also require you to pay for your fingerprints and 215 state license if not already acquired. This can be a 2 month process.

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview is solely dependent on the location, and the DGM offing the opportunity. There is no set interview. Further is said about the Colonial Life interview in the paragraph in the next section.

Interview Questions

• The interview would be conducted by an experienced sales agent, well adapted to understanding the market and the persistence required to function as an agent. The main concern is the structural personality of the individual being offered the opportunity. Colonial Life markets voluntary workplace benefits. The sale takes time and the ability to acclimate to the needs of the client. This is a professional business opportunity. The DGM might spend time in the interview speaking about his or her experiences, moreso than question you. As a new agent, it is not assumed that you'd have sales experience. The sale is basically relationship building.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no salary, so the negotiation phase is when you face a potential client.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC).

Interview

I was interviewed by two individuals, (a trainer and manager from the department I applied to). It was about a 15 minute process. The questions were very standard and typical of a traditional interview. They made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you were a leader within a team effort or project.   1 Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Long Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with a Recruiter to discuss my resume, the job description, company salary and benefits (self-employed, you pay for your own benefits, employer discount). Upon acceptance of employment, there is a skill test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What's your insurance background and experience? Do you like working in the public or business sector?   Answer Question