Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Farmville, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

I got a phone call that they would like me to come in for an interview. I received the call on Monday at 11:00a asking me to come in for an interview at 10:00a the next morning. Luckily, I was able to come with less than 24 hours notice.
    I was told during the phone call that I would receive an email with more details, including the location of the interview. I never received an email, but about 6:00p that night, I received a text with an address. I googled the address and saw that it was at a hotel. I replied asking if that was the correct address and never got a response. That was my first sign that something didn’t seem right.
    I showed up to the interview the next morning, along with 4 other people. The “interviewer” showed up about 15 minutes late and took us all back into a conference room. He then proceeded to tell us about the company, how he got involved with the company, the opportunities that were available, and how much money we could make. He did inform us that this was a commission-based job. Towards the end of the “interview” he said that we would have to go through training in order to become certified to sell insurance (makes sense). He then told us to circle our name (we had signed in when we got there) if we were interested in moving forward, and he left the room. I circled my name out of curiousity in seeing how this played out. I never saw the interviewer again after he left the room.
    Later that same evening (about 5:00p), I got a call wanting to set up another interview for 9:30a the next morning. I told the lady that I wouldn’t be able to make it. She then asked if I could come in earlier and I said, “No. I have a doctor’s appointment at 8:30a 60 miles away.” She then told me that the guy who led the “interview “ was impressed with me and told me that I could skip the second interview and they would just go ahead and hire me. (This set off a red flag due to the fact that I didn’t say a word during the first “interview.”) She then told me she would send an email with a link to go ahead and pay for the training course, which she said was ~$300 and would consist of me going to a town 80 miles away for an entire day and then completing the training online the following day. The kicker: the training was going to be on that Thursday and Friday. (This phone call happened on Tuesday.) I said “okay” and waited for an email. Late that night, about 8:00p, I received a text with a link (again, no email like I was told). The next morning I got a text saying to let her know when I had paid so she could save me a seat at the training. I ignored the text and got another text that afternoon asking if I was still interested in the position. I informed her that I was not and she wished me luck in the future.
    Overall, it felt like a scam. Commission only job. 1 “interview” that was really an information session. Allowed to skip the 2nd interview, but required to pay $300 the next day in order to be hired. Multiple text messages when I was told I would be receiving emails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Was under the impression I was going in for my own individual interview but it ended up being with 6 other people and sitting through a presentation about the company. The guy wasn't the person I was emailing with and didn't know anything about me once we spoke one on one. I heard the staff making fun of my name when I gave them my resume. Very disrespectful. Email sent out was a mass email to anyone willing to go in for an interview. no base pay and asked me if i was okay with not getting paid for a few months.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Irving, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Very deceitful job ad to get people in the office. Ad said specifically I am NOT looking for sales people. That is exactly what the job is. Made it sound like a base salary and it is commission only. Going business to business to drum up clients.

Interview Questions

• No questions since I knew after the group into it was a scam.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in May 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application online (in the late evening) , and the very 1st thing in the morning I received an email saying they have "decided to go in another direction." Usually when this happens, the company already has a person in mind for the position and applications are just a formality.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in October 2018.

Interview

Multi-level interview process meeting additional HR team members as well as department heads and partners. From the time of application to offer took a little over a month. Interviews consisted of phone, panel, and Skype with members in other states.

Interview Questions

• Experience and behavior based scenerios.   1 Answer

ASR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

Sat down talked about owning my own business and how it can change my life if I only follow their system. I came on board just before 2018. I have made 33,000 already in the first qtr with 2 weeks left to spare.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Irvine, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initially, the position they are trying to fill sounds like a solid salaried Management job. You soon learn that it is actually a Sales Rep/Manager job that is commission only and you must also recruit a team under you while you are trying to cold call businesses etc. They go through how much money you can make by just closing a couple of deals here and there. Then they pull out the chart showing tier and bonus levels etc, which could prove lucrative if you already have a gigantic book of business ready to sign up for the benefits package. Their main sales pitch incorporates the flexible spending account to save business and employees money. This makes sense, but it's hard to convince somebody to do all of this in a poor economy. All they want is to sell benefits and supplemental benefits packages. With almost 10 years of executive experience I have no desire to cold call and beat down doors all day, so I declined the job.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you need to make?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Didn't want a commission only job. Did not want to aimlessly drive around stopping into businesses.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Very deceitful interview!!!
    I SPECIFICALLY applied to be an assistant manager.
    The job description has the candidate “TRAINING and DEVELOPING” new agents as this has been my past work experience.

It also specifically states that this is a 60k-65k salary position, NOT COMMISSION BASED!

Completely untrue!!!

I arrived as part of a large panel of contenders.
    We sat in a meeting while each manager attempted unconvincingly to lure us into becoming sales agents with a COMMISSION ONLY pay for B2B cold calling.

I wasted my time going to an interview which did not reflect ANY of the descriptions to the job title or reflected ANY of my past credentials.

Sadly, this wasted my time, their time, and put a bad taste in my mouth about the company in general.

Many times, this is why turnover is high.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10, how much does this job appeal to you?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

We set up a phone interview via email, which was confirmed by the interviewer. Then I did not receive a call. I emailed the recruiter, asking if I should call. No response. I waited a few minutes, called the number on the email signature block, and left a voicemail. I did not receive a return call. Very strange and unprofessional.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy going. The individual asked a series of questions trying to decide if I was a person that can handle the job. Questions were mainly about past work experience. The individual would relate your past work experience to what you would have to with the potential job. Also, the individual gave a great explanation of what was required for the job. I would suggest to anyone who is thinking about taking this job is that you have learn a lot of information to pass the insurance exam. So if you are a good test taker and learn quickly, this will be a good beginning for the job. The interview was very easy going and was able ask questions when needed or wanted.

Interview Questions

Realized that this was not the job for me.