Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

The interview process was: Inviting, quick and straight forward. The interviewer was friendly and seasoned within the industry. They answered any question and offered a decent amount of company literature for my reference post interview. The interview was a "cookie-cutter" initial interview. Go in, sit in conference room, chit chat then I met the principal of the office and was impressed by how they had that "family" type of structure to their organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Was offered an interview by email. I arrived at my scheduled time then realized it was not an interview, rather a 2 hour lecture on how great the company is and how much money you can make.

Was going to leave in the middle but the interviewer / presenter just never stopped talking. Waste of time and money to get there.

YOU MUST PAY TO JOIN THE SALES TEAM. Screams scam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview with professional people in a very nice building / part of town. They do not let you know beforehand it is a 1099 position with no salary simply commission and bonuses. The company has been around a long time and has a reputable reputation however it would have been good to know going in it was the "Own your own business" model.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, but you are expected to be at the office as if it is a W-2 job not 1099   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

The interview process was very short. I met a recruiter on my college campus and after a conversation about the company he told me about an internship opportunity with the company. I received an email from the recruiter a day later asking to set up an interview. After having the interview a few days later, I received a call saying I had gotten the internship

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (White Plains, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied for the position online on indeed. Received a phone call a few weeks later asking me to come in for an "interview" the next day at 2pm. (It was approximately 2:30pm when I received the call). When I arrived, to my surprise, I found that it wasn't actually an interview but a group presentation on the company. I was actually pretty upset about this because both over the phone and email it was called an interview but when I got there, they started calling it a presentation! Basically the position is a glorified telemarketer that works on commission - conveniently none of this was mentioned in the job description because if it had been, I wouldn't even bother applying! Then they make you fill out a sheet at the end about your background and how interested you were in the position. The next day, they reached out to schedule an "interview" - they have proven that they have a very different definition of that word! They are clearly dishonest and use the word "interview" to entice people to show up. I would not want to work for an unethical and dishonest company like this even if I had been genuinely interested in a sales job!

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Ontario, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I was invited to a lunch where a video presentation was played, question and answers were the process to follow along with showing of commission structure. Call back was in order the interview was more of a plea from them to me to join the company and very respectful of my situation as a part timer.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Agreeable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

East interview, hired immediately

no structure too many hours

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

Answered newspaper ad. Interviewed almost immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very Short overview of your resume with a few leadership questions. Most of the interview was about finding out what I had done in the past jobs and what was my reason for applying. Compensation plan description was used to motivate me into taking the job. After the interview be ready to be unpaid for a month or longer in order to get licensed by the state and company and wait for materials to get in ( business cards ).

Interview Questions

• How have you displayed self discipline in the workplace?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its a commission based job so there is no negotiation. Be ready to not be licensed or paid for the first 30+ days. Taking the insurance test takes a week of studying then you need to be licensed by the company and that takes 1-2 weeks then your business cards need to come in 1-2 weeks.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in June 2017.

Interview

I was introduced to the company in the Chicago office and given a thorough run down of the goals and expectations within he company. The compensation was laid out and advancement was a constant point of interest from both the interviewer and interviewee. Great environment.