Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Opener Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Opener Interview Questions

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

1.3

Opener Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in June 2015.

Interview

Met several managers and coordinators at a career fair. We chatted and set up an interview. During the actual interview they were very curious to learn more about me and my background which was nice. The interview was laid back and I enjoyed meeting with them. The interview was also with the same people that I met at the career fair.

Interview Questions

The job is 100% commission and you're an independent contractor (1099). So there are some start up costs involved that you're responsible for as well as things like gas for your car. The first 6-12 months seemed like it could be very hard especially if you have no sales experience. I had a hard time feeling like I was going to be going into the "red" before making any money. I wish they offered a small base salary for the first year or at the very least covered your state insurance license costs. I didn't accept the position although I am seriously thinking about reconsidering.

Other Interview Reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Ithaca, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple, explain your accomplishments, information base interview, group interview, easy questions, another interview Monday, pretty much willing to take anyone. This review thing wants me to write more but there's nothing more to say.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The Interview process involved a short orientation about the position and about the company then later on an interview with a manager. They spent a lot of time talking about what the company was and about how an opener makes a lot of money. However when I got to the interview with the manager, I was informed about the fact that the salary was completely by commission. There was not even a base salary and the manager even informed me that he went on for a couple of months without earning anything before he finally got some policies signed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in insurance? What's your background?   Answer Question