Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Whitehorse, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Whitehorse, SD) in August 2009.

Interview

They basically will except anyone, so there really isn't an interview. Basically they just give you a presentation on why you should work for them and "how much money you can make".

Interview Questions

• How much money were you successfully making at other sales jobs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

Requires ability to obtain life and health insurance license. Because it is commission only position, anyone with an interest is hired. Interviews are with Territory Recruiter or Sales Manager. A professional business appearance is necessary. Tell me about yourself. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Do you have reliable transportation? Are you willing to travel? Are you able to work on your own? How do you feel about making cold-calls? Phone calls?

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working for commission only? Are you financially able to do so until while you are building your relationships and acquiring accounts? Do you have existing relationships with life and brokers and/or business owners?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview and when I got to the office location no one was in the building. I called the number I had been given and I emailed the person who had scheduled my interview and until now…no response! very unprofessional and a waste of my time. Not worth the drive, my effort, and the money I spent on a babysitter.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Sales Director and Regional Sales Director. 1 on 1 interview with each person.Stage 1. Pre-Screening Interview
    • Rate yourself in terms of specific skills or knowledge
    • Answer “open ended” questions (such as “How have you proven your leadership qualities in a work situation?”)
    • Respond to a Skills Assessment
    Stage 2. Formal Job Interviews
    Stage 3. Reference Checking and Negotiating The Job Offer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (McLean, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Very quick, engaging and filled with need to know information. went in for a panel presentation, based on candidate background they picked some to move on. the next day were 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would bring to our team over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

A territory recruiter reached out via email to schedule a call with me, and then never responded to my email response. A week later I got another email from the recruiter, asking if we could schedule a call. I respond by email once again, asking if she read my previous message. No response. A month later I get ANOTHER email asking for a phone interview; this time I leave a voicemail on their direct line, figuring I'd hear back this way. Again, no response. A month after this, or two months after the original messages, I get a fourth email about the same opportunity. At this point I'm annoyed at the poor communication and record-keeping and use all communication channels to ask this recruiter to stop contacting me; I only heard back via text message, of all things. I am disappointed with the recruitment practices of Colonial Life, assuming there are established practices to begin with. Thing is, I'm not even looking for work as I'm already employed... I hope this is not the standard for how Colonial Life treats hopeful job-seekers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Lowell, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

I sent in my application online , and I received phone call from direct hiring manager later that day. Unfortunately, I didn't make the initial call, but they were quick to respond to my callback.

Interview Questions

• What skills have you learned in previous occupations that are effective for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Island, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Grand Island, NE).

Interview

Very basic questions about the life insurance business. It was more of a sales pitch of the company. This is a two part interview and with two people in the room. I got the second interview, but it was scheduled to far apart, so I changed my mind and cancelled the interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your current job or previous job apply to this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (McLean, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

The whole process was informal and non professional, and only 1 interviewer showed up in this process, which made like a joke interview. Also, the first run wasted all candidates time since nothing interview happened just PPT that presented their company product and how it operated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Had a phone interview before an in person interview. Went for my interview that was at 2 PM... around 35 minutes later it was clear they forgot about me. I was approached by someone else before headed out, who was very nice, but I’m no longer interested in the position. TWO hours later I received a phone call with a very weak apologetic voicemail. I was iffy on this interview going into it and this was pathetic.

Interview Questions

• Do you want this interview?   1 Answer