Colonial Pipeline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colonial Pipeline

Associate Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Beaumont, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

First a 30 minute phone interview then an in-person interview a few days later which was pretty laid back. After that I had to take a test which was a personality assessment, mechanical inclination and math. Then I was told that I would hear something back either wait by the end of the month. I received a phone call letting me know that they hadn't made a decision and that I would hear something that following Wednesday....this was 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a group to fix a problem (or something along those lines)   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline in November 2014.

Interview

They were nice, made you feel comfortable. Took a while for the interview to start and had to wait for about 25 minutes on them. Once it got started it flowed smoothly

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process, but had to follow up on my own to get results. Was neither good nor bad - about what one would expect for the industry. It frankly didn't seem that HR (which was running the process) and the Legal Dept were on the same page.

Interview Questions

• Describe situation when you were asked to do something that you didn't believe you had the authority to do, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by the hiring manager and spoke on the phone for 30 minutes. HR called after to schedule the face to face which consisted of three interviews. First was with the VP, second with hiring manager, and third was a panel interview. Overall the process was professional but the panel interview was among the most awkward I've experienced. Very robotic questions which were very generic, not related to the position specifically. They have what appears to be a good culture and office location.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: when has safety been a concern in your past positions?   Answer Question

Associate Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia Springs, Douglas, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Pipeline (Lithia Springs, Douglas, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

First a 30 minute phone interview then if you were chosen to go on to the next round there was a 4 person panel interview, pretty intimidating, after the panel interview three test. The first test was a personality test the second a mechanical test and the third a basic math test. The math test consist of mostly addition and subtraction but of very weird numbers almost all the problems deal with decimals.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you where part of a team environment and you made a suggestion that helped?   Answer Question