Colony NorthStar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colony NorthStar

Financial Reporting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview was scheduled immediately after submission of resume through a recruiter. I was informed that HR does not give access to Hiring Mgrs. Later found out why. Despite a stellar professional/educational background they asked me stupid journal entry/excel questions. Both interviewers provided jaded/contradicting structure of departments. Condescending and Unprofessional individuals that may know how to be analytical but lack mental aptitude to analyze people.

Was asked typical work schedule 50-60 hours a week. During deadline can well exceed 60 hours. Yikes!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in long hours?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

two step interview process, phone screen first then in person interview. There were 4-5 people who took turn to interview. Process was easy but lengthy. Sounded like they were very busy and each took time out to interview for 15 mins

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar.

Interview

Interviewed with two people, at once. I was surprised at how casual they were, but I guess it was casual Friday. Both interviewers were very nice and not intimidating. Asked me all the regular interview questions, nothing out of left field.

Interview Questions

• No crazy questions. The only unusual thing was that it seemed like they tried to talk me out of the job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Lax, just have good grades and good extracurriculars. They did not care to much about my excel abilities, rather, they suggested I get good with it and read up.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

First I was asked to send my resume, the same day I got a call for a preliminar phone interview, very friendly questions trying to find me a very specific area.
    A week later I got another call for a face to face interview with the finance director

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

had a several phone interviews then met a group in person. Was an easy, not intense interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my person life which was a little unsettling.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar in July 2009.

Interview

pretty general questions such as how did overcome the hardship with teammates or co-workers and
    behavioral questions. After the initial interviwer has done, the each team member interviewed and greeted me and asked me if I have questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had a conflict with co-worker or teammates and how did you overcome the conflict.   Answer Question