Colony NorthStar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Vice President Interview Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Someone in HR emailed me to set up a preliminary call to discuss my background and skills. She called on time and was very personable and professional. She then sent my resume to a hiring manager and was very responsive and accessible during the scheduling process. I met with a panel of high level professionals and liked them very much but ultimately they decided it wasn't a fit. The HR recruiter was great as were the other interviewers.

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar.

Interview

Applied via internet; received email to schedule interview; the first scheduled call the talent coordinator never called; the rescheduled call was cxl'd at the last minute; the final straw was a third interview time and no call from the talent coordinator again. If this is how the company functions than I would stay far away which is what I told them and withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• No call two times after they scheduled the interview   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar.

Interview

It started with a screening phone call, then face to face interview. Initial screening phone call with the HR was very brief, included details about the role, background and skills needed.

Interview Questions

• More than interview, the scheduling process was very difficult. The HR was not very helpful in this process.   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview was scheduled immediately after submission of resume through a recruiter. I was informed that HR does not give access to Hiring Mgrs. Later found out why. Despite a stellar professional/educational background they asked me stupid journal entry/excel questions. Both interviewers provided jaded/contradicting structure of departments. Condescending and Unprofessional individuals that may know how to be analytical but lack mental aptitude to analyze people.

Was asked typical work schedule 50-60 hours a week. During deadline can well exceed 60 hours. Yikes!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in long hours?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

two step interview process, phone screen first then in person interview. There were 4-5 people who took turn to interview. Process was easy but lengthy. Sounded like they were very busy and each took time out to interview for 15 mins

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar.

Interview

Interviewed with two people, at once. I was surprised at how casual they were, but I guess it was casual Friday. Both interviewers were very nice and not intimidating. Asked me all the regular interview questions, nothing out of left field.

Interview Questions

• No crazy questions. The only unusual thing was that it seemed like they tried to talk me out of the job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Lax, just have good grades and good extracurriculars. They did not care to much about my excel abilities, rather, they suggested I get good with it and read up.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

First I was asked to send my resume, the same day I got a call for a preliminar phone interview, very friendly questions trying to find me a very specific area.
    A week later I got another call for a face to face interview with the finance director

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

had a several phone interviews then met a group in person. Was an easy, not intense interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my person life which was a little unsettling.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colony NorthStar in July 2009.

Interview

pretty general questions such as how did overcome the hardship with teammates or co-workers and
    behavioral questions. After the initial interviwer has done, the each team member interviewed and greeted me and asked me if I have questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you had a conflict with co-worker or teammates and how did you overcome the conflict.   Answer Question