Colorado Coalition for the Homeless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colorado Coalition for the Homeless

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado Coalition for the Homeless (Denver, CO).

Interview

The first one was with two managers. They were very nice and asked good questions some of them I had never heard before in an interview. I also had to do a quiz that basically tested my maintenance knowledge. I thought that was a pretty good idea because it helped me to realize what areas i should improve on. The second interview was with the managers boss and one of the managers from the first interview. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back to working full time, when I got called for my second interview I had decided to focus on my schooling instead. They were very understanding of my decision and said I was welcome to reapply if things changed. It was a very good experience and after i finish school, I definitely want to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• What style of management do you prefer and why?   1 Answer

Even when I went to the interview I wasn't sure if I wanted to work or to go back to school. After the quiz I realized going back to school would be the best thing for me right now

Case Manager VA TIP GPD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado Coalition for the Homeless (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Transparent interview with all information presented to interviewee regarding position. Casual discussion about potential scenarios creating difficulties and proposed course of action. Interview began early and lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with veterans?   1 Answer

Social Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colorado Coalition for the Homeless (Denver, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very casual in the preliminary interview, I was asked- "Why are people Homeless" to which I think I had a good response. There were followup interviews the following week and I met with a different person. The people that work here seem like they are pretty great people to work with because they are interested and passionate about making positive change in the lives of the less fortunate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation because this is a non-profit

Intake Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado Coalition for the Homeless (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

I submitted a cover letter and resume, which is the standard. I was told to define homelessness in my cover letter and I did so very well. It was very confusing to locate the office, it is a bit of a maze because all of the offices for the coalition are in this area. I was given a sheet that consisted of 5 questions, two scenarios. The first question was obviously, "Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position," followed by "Tell me a time where you had to overcome differences in the workplace, for example different view points," followed by one that I am unsure of and two very intense scenarios. The woman who was interviewing me was messy, her office was unkempt and she seemed to be stressed by the "heavy" nature of the job. Unfortunately I didn't notice this at first and made a comment as to my ability to avoid procrastination in my answer to one of the scenario questions. I understand the potential for "burn out," however I did not like her answer to my question about treating the victims of homelessness with a rash, aggressive and essentially careless attitude. She stated that it was a very emotional job and that people who work in social service oriented careers have slip ups as well. I didn't think that was acceptable. Other than that, she was a "sweet lady." Unfortunately there was no feedback from her which I find incredibly unprofessional, not even an email stating a decline. All in all this is a wonderful organization and I would encourage those who truly have a sense of compassion and are 100% altruistic in their hearts and intentions to apply.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: What would you do if you came into work on a Tuesday and you had several messages on your voice mail from a victim stating that she had an emergency and needed to speak to you immediately? You already met with this person yesterday and she is insisting on speaking with you, receiving bus tokens, a hotel voucher and diapers. She is now in the waiting room. How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question