Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing Interview Questions

Interviews at Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing

Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was more about me interviewing them about the company than vice versa. Some questions were pretty complicated, even for an interview. "how would you increase health care access to the underpriveliged" etc. etc.

Interview Questions

• "how would you increase health care access to the underpriveliged"   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Denver, CO) in April 2008.

Interview

It is arbitrary depending on who you are interviewing with. People do not want to work there, so if they are desparate they will give you a nice short interview and hire you.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst experience with a manager at a previous job? Turned out it was them after I took the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Denver, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application online. Once it was determined that I passed the initial qualifications phase, I had to submit three essays that touched on my experience and skill set. Straightforward interview process. I had one interview and was offered the position a week later. I met with who would be my manager. The organization, team, and position were explained to me in great detail.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: tell me about yourself, why do you want this job, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straighforward

CCB Quality and Risk Review Specialist Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed about two weeks later by Amanda to choose from multiple interview times and dates. When I asked how many applicants were interviewing for the position, Amanda said that Human Resources culls six potential resumes meeting the criteria.

Here's the rub. I interviewed twice for this position. After the first interview I received an email about six weeks later saying they were retooling the posting and I was welcome to reapply. So I reapplied. The second interview was almost identical, with a few questions changed. But in the second interview, the supervisor was sort of smiling much more than before, and I was most definitely not in on the joke. And here is the punch line. They already had somebody for the job. But the way they get around legitimately hiring a qualified applicant, in order to hire friends or family who may or may not be qualified, is to get them on as a temp. They don't receive benefits (other than PARA), but the job description is tailored such that after the nine-month temping period, they get the job. But applicants still get the schpiel, take time off of work, trundle in to the office, only to have absolutely no chance of being hired. Sort of shady, and a good explanation of the weird smile.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were standard fare. Describe a situation in which you had to deal with difficult people, multiple deadlines, conflicting priorities...etc.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing.

Interview

The application process included submitting written responses to questions outlining specific qualifications. The questions were appropriate to the job. I had a single interview, but none of the interviewers were my to-be supervisor, which I didn't find out until the day I started. The time between application and start date was almost 4 months, which was difficult while I was unemployed. [This is more a function of the personal system of the State, as dictated by the Constitution.]

Interview Questions

• I don't recall. None of the questions were particularly difficult as I was well-qualified for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered essentially the minimum range of the salary. I countered with something near the top end based on my experience. It was accepted.

Trust Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing.

Interview

Employment with the state is a lengthy process. Expect a 3 months from the time you submit your application to interview. The state also requires that you take an exam before they give you an interview. This exam was emailed and we were given one week to complete the exam. Then they interview the top three candidates based on the scores of your test.

Interview Questions

• The exam was vague and it was uncertain what they were really asking for.   Answer Question