Colorado Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.3

Workforce Development Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Comparative Analysis of top 10% applicants, provided 30 minutes to prepare 8 questions whose answers were then presented in an oral board to three panel members. The questions were primarily geared towards exploring one's past work experience to gauge fitness and merit for job posted.

Real Estate Lease Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

I do not know if all CDOT application processes are the same, but this was my experience:

The salary in the job listing was from “$3,834 - $5,475 per month.” At the time, my salary requirements were around $4,800 per month.

After completing a questionnaire, and submitting a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript, the application is subject to an initial screening to ensure it meets specific minimum requirements.

Upon meeting the minimum requirements, the application is put through a comparative analysis process.

The comparative analysis process consists of a structured review of application materials submitted. This application review identifies a top group of applicants who will continue in the selection process.

If the application is part of the top 10 to 12 applicants, you will be invited to an oral board panel and a written exercise. In this phase, you are given 10 questions and a set amount of time (approx. 40 min) to answer in front of a 4-person hiring panel. The questions are provided about 30 minutes in advance of going in front of the oral board. During these 30 minutes, you can prepare your answers and complete the written exercise.

During the oral board, the hiring panel does not respond or ask any follow up questions to your responses. The applicant decides when to transition from one question to the next. At the end, they tank you and send you on your way. There is no dialogue.

After the oral board panel is complete the candidates are ranked and the hiring manager can choose between any of the top 6 candidates. The hiring manager will then conduct a follow up interview with the candidates of their choosing.

I was told I was the #3 candidate after the oral board review and conducted a follow-up phone interview with the hiring manager. At this time, you discuss salary and any follow up questions that the hiring manager may have. It was revealed that as a 1st-year CDOT employee one would start at the bottom of the salary range in the job description and there was essentially no room for negotiation on that.

CDOT was very formal, professional and communicative during the process. However, I was fully employed at the time and if I had known they could not meet my salary requirements, I would not have applied. I do not know if I was not offered the position because of the salary requirements I expressed of if I was not the top candidate -- or a combination.

Interview Questions

• The written exercise was unexpected. I never learned how I performed on it, but it was an unexpected twist and a source of some stress immediately before the oral board review.   Answer Question

EPSA III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation (Denver, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Called in to a panel type interview with two other persons from the hiring department. Answered some simple basic interview questions along the line of how you work with the public, how you handle difficult situations, have you done this type of work before, etc. My interview process was a one day interview in person at CDOT HQ in Denver.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with the general public?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation (Bhopal (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

Technical and HR interview after shortlisting on basis of CGPA. Both interviwees sat together and the interview was about 30 minutes long. Grilled on C++ and asked about interests in other subjects and then asked questions on them. Very chilled out interview. HR personnel was good. Technical was very rude and also dint know a lot, i guess.

Interview Questions

Converted calls from all the IIMs so now studying in one of them :)

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation (New Delhi (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

its quite simple

Interview Questions

• i dont remember any right now, was mainly C-language concepts   Answer Question

Trans Mtce II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation in June 2009.

Interview

Ask about personal knowlage, how to handle personel problems , situations . abilities.
    bui;ld your self up not tear others down.
    Dress beter tahn you normaly would to do the job but so if need be you could get up from the interview and go right to work