Colorado Mesa University Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colorado Mesa University Assistant Professor Interview Questions

Interviews at Colorado Mesa University

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colorado Mesa University

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colorado Mesa University (Grand Junction, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

The university flew me in and I stayed at a nice hotel. The next day, a faculty member picked me up and brought me to campus. I talked with the president, HR, department head, faculty members. I presented one area of my current research. I also taught a class in the field I am in. In the evening 2 faculty members took me out to dinner. The next day I flew back home. They contacted me about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be happy teaching specific courses and they told me the courses I would probably have to teach.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Colorado Mesa University

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado Mesa University (Grand Junction, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview with faculty, chair, V.P., and President. Classroom teaching demo required which creates a bit of pressure, but also allows you to show your best strengths in a classroom. Campus tour and free meals. Hotel and transportation paid for, but difficult to coordinate if you are teaching at another institution.

Interview Questions

• This is a "teaching institution". How will you maintain an active research portfolio given the level of financial support provided for research by the institution?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult because they are paying low compared to other institutions and seem interested in continuing the trend. Negotiation procedures were not clearly defined so it was difficult to understand who to talk to for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colorado Mesa University (Grand Junction, CO).

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was contacted by phone to arrange a phone interview with the search committee. The phone interview with the committee was standard. A week later I was contacted to arrange for an on-campus interview. They flew me to Grand Junction and put me up in a hotel. A faculty member picked me up in the morning and drove me to the campus. The interview process was a whole-day affair with meetings with several faculty members, the department head, HR, administration, and the president of the university. It included tours and I was asked to teach a class on a subject in the field for a group of faculty and students. The day finished with a dinner with a few faculty members. There was no negotiating during the on-campus interview. I was contacted roughly a week later with an offer and negotiations over salary were conducted via telephone and email.

There must be a standard interview process for the university as my experience closely mirrored a 2015 interview process described here.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my relevant academic and professional experience.   1 Answer
    • They asked what classes in the current course catalog I thought I might teach.   1 Answer
    • I was asked if I could add anything new to the program's current catalog of courses.   1 Answer