Colorado State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colorado State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado State University.

Interview

No interview was required for this job. I applied to the graduate school by submitting my application along with a letter, letters of recommendation, and my GRE test results. Based on the submitted information, I was offered a graduate teaching assistant ship that transitioned into a graduate research assistant ship after the first year.

Other Interview Reviews for Colorado State University

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Initial communication via email, and that led to a couple of telephonic interviews. Final interview was a one-to-one meeting. In about a 30 days period, I was conveyed that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you act on an 'XYZ' situation? The question had many possible answers and aspects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colorado State University (Fort Collins, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

It basically started of with talking to one of the professors regrading courses and all. After that when I learned he had a position in his research team I went to him and asked him directly if I could work with him. After that it was all about talking about the expectations from each other and what we were expecting out of this.

Interview Questions

• All your courses have been regrading the waste water treatment, will you be able to do the amount of homework required to get into the oil and gas research we are talking about here and how are you planning to do that? And do you think it will be a problem in future while searching jobs because your course work and research doesn't have a lot in common?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colorado State University (Fort Collins, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process included a combination of social mixers with students and faculty as well as one-on-one interviews with potential faculty advisers. The department also organized campus tours and informational sessions to highlight some of the resources and advantages of studying at Colorado State University.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colorado State University (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

I initially heard about this position through one of the faculty members. I was referred to a professor who then referred me to a graduate student. I had an informal interview with the graduate student who hired me immediately as the contract was already in progress with an external client.

Interview Questions

• The questions were based on my background and I discussed my previous work history, school experience and my ambitions for the position offered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The terms of the contract were firm.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Colorado State University in August 2010.

Interview

I met with the professor I wanted to work for. He offered me a position that day. Make sure you know about their work and make sure you are able to hold a conversation with them about it. Everyone is laid back, as long as you are motivated and as long as they have the funding, joining a lab shouldn't be that difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your life and how would joining my lab help you get there?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado State University (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

I had an interview with the researcher. I had taken a few of his classes previously, and was able to incorporate that knowledge into the discussion.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colorado State University in April 2010.

Interview

Being a GRA position, the interview was informal and involved a description of the work followed by the option to accept.