Colt Technology Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colt Technology Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

3-4 rounds including written test and personal interview with HR and manager.

Interview Questions

• They would ask general question. Also, there would be a technical written paper.   1 Answer

Vendor Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Colt Technology Services.

Interview

had 2 interviews both seemed fairly quick, standard sort of background and experience questions asked, first was with Line Manager and second with HR Rep. Main issue is not much feedback given afterwards.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colt Technology Services (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After applying online I had a telephone interview with HR and then progressed onto the next stage in which I had the face to face interview . It went well and lasted around 45 minutes . The positive signs were there , after the interview with the interviewer asking when I can potentially start . I was then called by the recruiter a day after telling me the feedback was positive and that they have just a few more interviews to do for the role . A week goes by and I have not heard anything so I try to contact HR to see the status of my application. They said due to my experience they have not proceeded with my application . I felt like this was not the genuine reason as my experience was on my CV and only seemed to be an issue after the interview. I felt like this was a waste of time for me as if my experience was an issue and reason to not hire me I should not have made it to interview stage as I feel I have wasted my time and been treated unfairly.

Interview Questions

• General questions

What do you know about Colt ?

Why do you want to work for Colt ?

Give examples of when you worked in a team   Answer Question

Colt Technology Services Response

Aug 8, 2017 – Talent Delivery Project Manager

Thanks for taking time to review and bring this to our attention. We are genuinely concerned that you had this experience. We have a candidate charter that aims to ensure our process is transparent... More

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Colt Technology Services (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Not much hard was easy and simple. just prepare about yourself and company's profile in detail.
    Be sure about every thing you mention in your resume or cv, relevant questions will be asked.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colt Technology Services (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Three step process, first steps is a video interview with 7 questions, unlimited time to prepare for each question, second step is a telephone interview to get to know the candidate better and ask questions you may have, the final step is an assessment center

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you know about Colt?
      2)What interests you about the Colt Graduate Scheme?
      3)What politician or public figure do you admire and why?
      4)Talk about a time at University when you have worked as part of a team and somebody didn't pull their weight. How did you handle this?
      5) What character from a popular TV Show do you identify with and why?
      6)What is your key strength?
      7)How would you feel if you were assigned a different position to that which you applied for?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Colt Technology Services (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Upon applying to the Graduate Scheme directly via the Colt website, I was taken straight into a video interview which consisted of 7 questions ranging from Colt related to working in a team examples and heavily personality based (see interview questions below).

After this I had a phone interview which was approximately 8 minutes long in total where I was asked why I chose the Graduate scheme position that I had, how I would feel if I was allocated a different position to that which I applied for and whether I would be willing to relocate to London. I wouldn't label this conversation as an interview as it was very much relaxed and came across as an opportunity for Colt to perhaps really eliminate candidates who weren't willing to work in London.

Finally I was invited to an assessment centre at the Colt office which comprised of two group exercises and a 1:1 interview. The first group exercise was to rank the order of survival necessities 'in space'. The second exercise was a group presentation delivery where each member of the group chooses a role to represent and deliver a solution to an issue Colt is facing. The second group exercise was just under three hours long whereby members of the group were taken out one by one to undergo their interviews. During the 1:1 interview, the interviewer went through my CV, focusing on my previous work experience and asked a few questions.

Overall the Colt application process was very friendly, straightforward and comfortable. Given that the initial stage impacted so heavily on personality, it was clear this was important throughout the entire application process. Especially during the AC.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about Colt?   Answer Question
    • 2. What interests you about the Colt Graduate scheme?   Answer Question
    • 3. Why did you choose your degree subject?   Answer Question
    • 4. Describe a leader you admire and why?   Answer Question
    • 5. Talk about a time at University when you have worked as part of a team and somebody didn't pull their weight. How did you handle this?   Answer Question
    • 6. What character from a popular TV Show do you identify with and why?   Answer Question
    • 7. How do you define success and failure?   Answer Question
    • What is your key strength?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel if you were assigned a different position to that which you applied for?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Colt Technology Services.

Interview

Once CV is shortlisted,candidate gets a call from HR for Technical Rounds via Telephone or face to face.On clearing round ,candidates gets a call for Managerial rounds and HR round

Interview Questions

• Questions asked about Colt and skill based written test followed by Telephonic and Face to Face interview   1 Answer

Project Support (Internal Applications) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colt Technology Services (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

First interview was with the HR which came with a list of about about twenty standard questions related to the personality, interaction with peers and management. Why do I think I would be fit for the role, what are the salry expectations.
    The second part was with the direct Manager who had prepared as well a set of questions related more to the position itself, to the skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions related to your experience and example of difficult situations, team spirit, examples of achievements.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colt Technology Services (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

The interview went smoothly and was kept formal the entire time. Friendly overall when they described the project to me and the role I was about to fill in.

Service Delivery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colt Technology Services (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

i applied online through job listing site.

total 5 rounds
    telephonic, written technical test, technical interview, functional round, HR

basic networking questions, tcp/ip, osi, LAN etc.. sampling theorem, basic telecom questions, optical fibres, communication.
    be thorough with all the basics in networking. cracking interview is easy. comapny team is very supportive in all the process. and some basic electronics questions on inductor ,conductor, digital communication and analog communication in written test (single mode and multi mode fibres), packet switching and circuit switching, full communication model.