Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.4

Interview

I applied through an employment agency. Interviewed at the Tacoma location. I waited one week for th hiring decision. I was offered the position and able to start another week later.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Tacoma, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

it takes about 2 weeks to finish all three rounds of interview. First round: phone talk with hr, second round: in-person interview for technical problem, and final round: show your projects.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the position back in January, but was not contacted until March. The recruiter, John, asked if I was still interested in the job, which I was, so we scheduled an interview at a nearby branch. John was very pleasant and easy to talk to. He immediately put me at ease and made me feel comfortable. After conversing for a bit he moved on to the more formal interview part of the process. Throughout the interview John was very patient with all of my questions and took the time to answer them completely.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Portland, OR).

Interview

My interview was very nice. They carefully select their potential employees, if you are called for an interview your chances are already high. They explained the benefits of being in the position and really sold me on the job. They explained the great opportunities here as well. Great place to work for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the means of transportation to travel up to 50 miles?   Answer Question

Business Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Lakewood, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very straight-forward process. Online application for a position, the resume makes it to the ACTUAL manager you are going to work for (not a HR rep). They brought me in for an interview with the section supervisor and the division manager. Both managers were very forthcoming and answered all questions concisely. This confirmed my initial opinions of Columbia and it's personable and relationship centered way of doing business.

Interview Questions

• If you were to write the dictionary definition, how would you define "Customer Service"   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washougal, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Washougal, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

They got back to me pretty rapidly to set up an interview, but the first interview was incredibly intense. It was an hour and a half long, with surprising questions, and they didn't make it an enjoyable experience whatsoever.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Longview, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Basic interview questions. The assistant manager and branch manager both interviewed me. Made me feel very comfortable. I had fun at this interview. I felt very at ease, probably the best interviewers ive had.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from assistant Branch Manager a week later saying that HR has shortlisted my resume and scheduled a face to face interview with Branch Manager and himself. The interview went pretty well but after a week I received an email saying that I did not clear it.

Interview Questions

• Descibe previous experience   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Columbia Bank   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for our company   Answer Question
    • how did your previous experience prepare you for this role   Answer Question
    • What are somethings for which you received negative review during annual appraisals with your previous company?
      How did you organise your work and prioritise?
      Tell me a time when you did a blunder during your previous job and how did you manage it?
      what according to you are certain qualities that personal banker should have?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

BSA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

about a 1 hr interview with the managers to go over experience with fraud, AML and BSA. no phone interviews, once I accepted then I had to pass the drug screen and back ground check

Interview Questions

• they were easy it was more like a conversation than a formal interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Tacoma, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions then an in person interview. They had a survey to be completed by all my references. The interview was very easy I wasn't very nervous. Manager was very nice and the setting was on the top floor of dowtown tacoma with a nice view

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience and a time you faced a difficult situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer