Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) Interview Questions

Interviews at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID)

2.3

Sort:

BSA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

about a 1 hr interview with the managers to go over experience with fraud, AML and BSA. no phone interviews, once I accepted then I had to pass the drug screen and back ground check

Interview Questions

• they were easy it was more like a conversation than a formal interview   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washougal, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Washougal, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

They got back to me pretty rapidly to set up an interview, but the first interview was incredibly intense. It was an hour and a half long, with surprising questions, and they didn't make it an enjoyable experience whatsoever.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Began with over the phone, got called in for in person with HR and finance team. The phone call was 30ish minutes and pretty cursory. The in person was honestly pretty generic

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the position back in January, but was not contacted until March. The recruiter, John, asked if I was still interested in the job, which I was, so we scheduled an interview at a nearby branch. John was very pleasant and easy to talk to. He immediately put me at ease and made me feel comfortable. After conversing for a bit he moved on to the more formal interview part of the process. Throughout the interview John was very patient with all of my questions and took the time to answer them completely.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Portland, OR).

Interview

My interview was very nice. They carefully select their potential employees, if you are called for an interview your chances are already high. They explained the benefits of being in the position and really sold me on the job. They explained the great opportunities here as well. Great place to work for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the means of transportation to travel up to 50 miles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Tacoma, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions then an in person interview. They had a survey to be completed by all my references. The interview was very easy I wasn't very nervous. Manager was very nice and the setting was on the top floor of dowtown tacoma with a nice view

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience and a time you faced a difficult situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Tacoma, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

it takes about 2 weeks to finish all three rounds of interview. First round: phone talk with hr, second round: in-person interview for technical problem, and final round: show your projects.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Bellingham, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I lived out of the city in which I was applying when I was chosen for an interview and knowing this, they arranged for me to be interviewed at the closest location to me. They were accommodating from the start, proving that they really do value their people as individuals. When considering a candidate for hire they are more likely to choose someone based on their personality than their experience, so if you are new to banking, it's a great company to apply for. Really focus on being yourself, and more-so than financial savvy they will be looking for bright and bubbly individuals with retail sales/ customer service-centric personalities.

The branch that I ended up getting hired at took my interviewers at their word and didn't require a second interview. The company is very trustworthy and friendships span entire regions, so they know what to look for in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• The interview is like a conversation, they will ask you about your experience, but also about your interests outside of work-life and your aspirations for the future within the company or beyond.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from assistant Branch Manager a week later saying that HR has shortlisted my resume and scheduled a face to face interview with Branch Manager and himself. The interview went pretty well but after a week I received an email saying that I did not clear it.

Interview Questions

• Descibe previous experience   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Columbia Bank   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for our company   Answer Question
    • how did your previous experience prepare you for this role   Answer Question
    • What are somethings for which you received negative review during annual appraisals with your previous company?
      How did you organise your work and prioritise?
      Tell me a time when you did a blunder during your previous job and how did you manage it?
      what according to you are certain qualities that personal banker should have?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Longview, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) (Longview, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Basic interview questions. The assistant manager and branch manager both interviewed me. Made me feel very comfortable. I had fun at this interview. I felt very at ease, probably the best interviewers ive had.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed?   1 Answer