Columbia Gas of Ohio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbia Gas of Ohio

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Gas of Ohio (Zanesville, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I was told by the hiring manger that they were very interested in me. I interviewed with the company and was told during the interview by the recruiter if I received an offer to contact them so that they could get me an offer within three days. They were very persistent in finding out what other companies I had interviewed for and this was not businesslike. I drove 11 hrs for the interview because I was on vacation and cut it short to interview for the position. Once I had the interview, I did not hear back from them for 3 weeks. I called the recruiter and he said that the hiring manger was traveling and that he would contact me back by the end of the day. Instead of calling, he sent a one sentence email saying that I was not chosen for the position and went with someone else with more experience. But when I was contacted by the recruiter for the position, he said that this position was filled by entry level candidates . The recruiter was not professional about the hiring process and was not going to call or email me about the position. I have never interviewed for a position and did not receive at least received a phone call to explain why I was not chosen for the position. The recruiter did not have the audasity to pick up the phone and explain why I was not chosen for the position but instead sent a one sentence email. I do not recommend working for this company, do not apply for any- there are better companies to work for- I am currently accepting an offer for a company now which is much more professional.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Gas of Ohio (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview- Basic questions about myself and my major. What I enjoy, why I chose that specific major. After phone interview they said they will contact me within the month to further pursue myself as a candidate.

Utility Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wintersville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia Gas of Ohio (Wintersville, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

There was 3 managers in the interview and each asks you questions and want you give detailed answers about how you handled specific situations in the past. They ask you to give very detailed information about many different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with adversity in a past situation with your previous employer   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Gas of Ohio in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and a week after, I was emailed to set up background screening before I get to the actual phone interview with the IT team on Skype. When the time finally arrived to do the Skype interview, I gave them my information but they couldn't seem to find me, even though any other company I gave my information to it worked for those other people. So they ended up called me on the phone and introduced themselves, they seemed okay at first. Then they just started grilling me on these questions they felt like I should know about everything cyber security even though I am still trying to learn these things. It felt like they were judging me heavily and barely gave me time to think about the question. This was the worst interview I have ever done. I don't think the internship would have been good for me even if I had gotten in since they are very pushy and rush the interview. I was hoping to be able to learn things from them, but they seem like the type of people who want you to know everything already and don't want anything to be a learning experience. I don't recommend their IT Security department at all for college students.

Interview Questions

• Why is cyber security important.   1 Answer