Columbia Sportswear Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia Sportswear Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in January 2016.

Interview

Typical questions about retail and customer service. What retail experience do you have? What hours are you looking for ? Are you open availability? What do you like about retail? Why did you choose Columbia?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia Sportswear

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

They were quick to call back from when i applied. The interview process was also quick and painless, with only one on one interview. I was offered the job with in 48 hours of my interview and began work the following week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee stealing?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone interview and was asked to come for a physical interview. Neither the store manager or the assistant manager had time to interview me, though they said I would be interviewing with them. Had a great time interviewing with their department leads, though I would have appreciated at least meeting one of the managers who said they would interview be doing the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Locust Grove, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very efficient and short not time consuming. You are followed up within 24 to 48 hours with the next step. Once you've applied you'll be contacted within a couple of weeks for an interview. One with the hiring manger and the second interview with the store manager. Then you're called back for an orientation/start day!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Columbia Sportswear?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Bend, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Columbia has you apply on their website, and it is super easy to do. The store gets your online profile within the day so they will know you applied. I highly recommend bringing in a physical resume to the store you wish to work at and ask to give it to a manager/assistant manager in person. I did this, and I ended up hitting it off well with my assistant manager. I got a call the next day from the assistant manager who arranged to interview with me later that week.

I arrived to the interview, which was a small group interview (which I was not informed it was a group interview over the phone, however this didn't bother me) with one other girl that applied. Both the manager and assistant manager interviewed us, and it was very causal and non-intimidating. It was more like a conversation, and we all had a great time chatting together about past work experience, situational scenarios ("what would you do ____"), about ourselves, why we want to work for Columbia, and other typical retail interview questions like that. It lasted about 20 minutes, and the manager said she would review our resumes again and call our references and get back to us sometime next week. I actually got a call later that afternoon and was offered the job and then I set up a date to come in and fill out paperwork and begin training. The application and interview process was very easy, quick, and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• "Describe yourself in one word."
      "Why do you want to work for Columbia Sportswear?"
      "Explain a time that you experienced a challenge in the workplace and how you overcame that challenge."
      "Explain a time that you used teamwork to accomplish a task."
      "What are some of your strengths and weaknesses in the work environment?"
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I decided to apply at Columbia on the recommendation of a friend of mine. After about a week of no word, I called one of the supervisors and ask about how the process was moving along. They told me they would let me know as soon as they hear anything from the store manager. After another week, I called again, and received the same spiel. A couple of days later, I got a call from the supervisor I'd been nagging for two weeks; it was information about setting up an interview within the next few days.

I headed over to the store in my best hipster clothes, and talked with one of the head supervisors. I was asked your run-of-the-mill retail questions, like how I would approach certain situations, why I wanted to work with the company, and why I liked interacting with people.

The second interview included the store manager. Not really much to say about this one; it was almost exactly like the first.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite thing to do outdoors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was pretty interesting. I'd never been asked what I would like to get paid. I needed a job, so I chickened out and asked the supervisor what the normal pay in the store was. I wasn't unhappy with the pay; it was almost a dollar more than I was getting paid at my previous job.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Portland, OR) in June 2010.

Interview

One phone interview. In person interview held at a Starbucks. Great meeting. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to "sell" a product to the interviewer as I would to a customer. Creative approach that tested my skills in learning on the fly as I had never seen the product before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered minimum wage and accepted.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come in for an interview with the manager. I should up 10 minutes early but was not called up for an interview for almost 45 min past the scheduled time. Once it was my turn to be interviewed, the manager seemed like she had already made a decision as to who to hire, as she seemed very disinterested in the entire process. Very unorganized and very unprofessional.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in October 2014.

Interview

gave my cv to a shop ,10 days later I got a call for an interview.Nice woman ,nothing difficult just where I live ,described the job and prepared me for the salary talk.Actually it was more like "please we need someone to work for 25 hours per week for 250 E ,(316E with taxes and insurance).I said it was really low the salary she said I know,no bonuses no nothing.I told her I 'll think about it.(no way).

Interview Questions

• nothing special,not even commented on my past experience in economics.   Answer Question

Low salary .