Columbia University Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Associate Director Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cresskill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (Cresskill, NJ).

Interview

Overall it was positive but the process was too long. In total I was invited 3 times and had 7 interviews. Looks like it's a lengthy process across the organization.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred to the position by someone else. That referral then referred me to HR, which I honestly found to be a little clumsy. If I'm referred directly to the hiring manager, then why does HR need to reach first? Nonetheless, I got invited for an interview with all parties involved. Pretty standard interview that took a couple hours. Salary was a lot lower than expected though, and I was told they were in the beginning stages, so the process was just getting started. In my experience, that's a red flag because they're basically telling you "you won't hear from us for a while." As it turns out, 2 months later and still no response. Poor communication and lack of professionalism. Based on this process, I'm guessing this department of the University is managed in a toxic way. This type of poor communication tends to be indicative of a larger problem.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

The initial application was about 3 months before the interview, and then the interview process consisted of one 30 minute telephone interview. Then there was a 1/2 day interview with different groups within department. Offer was made within 2 weeks of interview, and then started a few weeks later. Everything was very professional.

Interview Questions

• What is going to be the most challenging for you in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Tried to negotiate salary, and they suggested that there was no room for more.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Four months from day of application to start date. Received initial call for a phone screening two months after I applied. HR phone screening followed by hiring manager phone screen. The in person interview will take two to three hours. Expect to meeting multiple members of the hiring team as well as cross functional partners during the in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate the salary before you are hired because can expect cost of living increases thereafter.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone screening followed by in person interview with hiring committee, then an all-staff interview. Finally, phone interview with the Dean.

Interview Questions

• Sitting before the entire staff to answer their questions was daunting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation opportunities very minimal