Columbia University Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Columbia University

4.0

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then a series of 4 in-person interviews, Final round interview in person. Standard process used by a lot of corporates but with open communication with an HR contact who is no longer there.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there were none. The questions were not that creative or challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were open and up front about the range. They offered a few thousand dollars above the initial "high point" and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen, in person interview with recruiter, then senior staff member, good probing questions. The good thing about this was that although I didn't get the job, the recruiter contacted me really quickly to let me know I was not moving on to the next step, many companies let you hang for a long time or never contact you so you don't know. On the downside, I always ask 'what could I do better?' in the interview, I did not get a response. I know it's a lot to ask, but if you're a dedicated recruiter, that's your job.

Interview Questions

• What one thing in your current job are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

It was an easy process, standard questions, took 4 months, just be patient, you should expect 3-4 interviews with various staff members, you will need to submit references. There will be a chance for questions after interview.