Columbia University Doctoral Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Doctoral Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process begins at 845am and ends around 250pm. The day begins with a breakfast presentation about the school and what to expect over the years. Immediately after the presentation everyone gets a 1:1 interview in an open room (simultaneously). The school stresses that the interview duration is no measure of performance and acceptance. While waiting for lunch, financial aid dropped to review the options students have for financing this education. Lunch was fantastic: I had salmon and leg of lamb. During lunch we had the opportunity to chat with the 1st and 2nd years. After lunch, we were given a tour of the campus dorms and facilities.

The interviewer will present your case file to the committee in a week, which means that it will take close to two weeks to get notice of their decision.

Overall, the interview process was very laid back and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't get into any graduate program this year?   Answer Question