Columbia University Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Graduate Student Interview Questions

Interviews at Columbia University

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Graduate Student majoring in Operations Research. Currently seeking for an internship for 2019 summer internship position. 19 summer internship position. 19 summer internship position..19 summer internship position..19 summer internship position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very competitive process. A variety of essay questions. It was an online application that required essays, letters of recommendation, transcripts and references to contact. The application is through each graduate school’s website and they notify you usually within 3-5 months after applying. Phone interviews are only with certain schools.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

one-on-one interviews by different professors of the program you are applying for. You don't get to chose the professors you will be interviewing with but they usually try to pair you with someone with a similar science background. You meet students the day before the interviews so that you can get a sense of which professor is tough.

Interview Questions

• Some questions are very science based some are more personal, like "do you like New York" or "why do you want to become a scientist". The science questions about projects you've been working on can be sometimes hard because they ask until you don't know how to answer anymore.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

I'm new to interview. I interviewed with Microsoft and Google. Microsoft just asked me some basic questions like "tell me your project experience" "what technology you are interested in recently". While google has two phone interview. Mostly about algorithm.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Mainly behavior questions, like details in the resume, expectation for future jobs, why Columbia University, Why New York, and some algorithms in the former projects. The interviewer was outstanding graduate student who had much experience in Columbia University. You can feel free to ask them any questions about Columbia University.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

A skype call from one of the PhDs in chemical engineering department. it lasted for about 15min. Very normal graduate school interview, no questions on research, perhaps it's because I was applying for master program.