Columbia University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Heavy Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had two interviews very basic. They ask the same questions most companies ask. i.e. Tell me about yourslf, ask you questions based on your resume. took 6 weeks to contact references

Interview Questions

• How are you with stripping and waxing floors   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to the office for an informal interview directly after submitting my resume. The interview was more geared towards figure out study schedule and past experience in administration work.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen and then there was an in person interview with several lab members. They asked fair and anticipated questions. It was also very informational as they talked a lot about their own research.

Clinical Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I sent in my materials through the company website. I was contacted about 2 weeks later to schedule 2 phone interviews with leaders of the department with whom I'd be working. Finally, I was contacted about 2 weeks following that to set up an in-person interview with four members of the team with whom I'd be working.

Interview Questions

• Clarify job experience, why I was looking at this job in particular, work ethic and hour preferences, etc.   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

The process was taking longer than anyone can expect due to the complete lack of communication between offices. At some point you might receive few other offers by the time Columbia responds, sadly this is the way it works based on many employees feedback. So don't waste your time waiting - continue exploring other opportunities.

Assistant Director Interview

Interview

Quick turn around time after submitting application materials. I had scheduled an hour long phone interview with the Director with about 8-10 questions. Questions were very specific and situational, ranging from student conduct philosophy to staff conflict. It was also very important to talk about the mission of the institution and office and how it connects with the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle departmental/organizational politics?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied for 9 positions and was not even contacted.
    I believe they are looking for a certain group of workers to which I do not belong
    They never interviewed me seriously just went through the motions

Interview Questions

• How are you with Windows and Macintosh   1 Answer

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Met with 3 to 4 professors individually along with the other potential classmates. There was also a candidate dinner later in the day. The process was relatively casual. I picked professors that I wanted to interview with but at least two of the professors ended up being assigned.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

They find you and offer you the position and then you can say yes or no. There is no interview and no application procedure for PhD students. I am writing more sentences here in order to meet the minimum word requirement so that this site will let me access more information. Here is yet another sentence. And another sentence.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an in person interview. Met with 2 people. Met hiring manager and an engineer. Mgr not very professional, made coffee with own coffee machine during interview. Engineer was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at University after being in corporate culture all my career.   Answer Question