Columbia University Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

I made three separate trips to campus, and interviewed with six people combined. I also completed a test assignment (not terribly challenging). I not once met an HR representative, and still (after having worked here for two months) have not met her. Everyone along the interview process was kind, understanding, and personable. Onboarding is ridiculous, but that's another story.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated on salary and on title, and was successful in both areas.

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I was offered a management position while working temporarily as a curriculum coordinator. I was working directly for the director of the office supporting her work and she let me know that there was an opening. She asked if I was interested in the position and we talked briefly about what the position entailed and what my short and long term goals are.

Interview Questions

• What my 2-5 year goals were   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Very straight forward- if they like you, you will get an offer. Be friendly. Questions: What can you contribute? Had 2 interviews.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University in March 2011.

Interview

Moved slowly. Interviewed with hiring manager, peers, reports, 1 and 2 levels up. pretty thorough.

Cost of living in NYC