Columbia University Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Medical Center Interview Questions

Interviews at Columbia University Medical Center

2.7

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager. The interview was brief about 10 min. Asked me standard questions about background experience, strength and weakness, where do I see myself 5 years from now.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a angry patient?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was unclear and lacked a sense of certainty. I had no idea when I should expect contact and how the process was progressing. At several points I got mixed signals from staff and employers. Generally the questions themselves were fair and relevant, but the process is the biggest complaint. While I went through 3 interviews and 4 different points of contact, I was ghosted in the end.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center in December 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview first and a half-day interview on-site. The phone screen was just three basic behavior questions about the resume, why applying for the position. Recent related project. But I did not pass the phone screen, I guess my skills did not match the positions.

Bio Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center.

Interview

I applied online, they asked for a phone interview, but I happened to be in NYC for other interviews, did the interview in-person. I interviewed with both PIs the position would be working with.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center.

Interview

I got an email regarding a phone interview from the department head. I confirmed an interview time and then they rescheduled it last minute. During the phone interview they spoke about the department in detail and what would be my role within it.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

The application process was quite easy, as the required materials are fairly standard. CUMC did however require three references in the preliminary application. I was called for an interview two weeks after applying and was called for a second interview less than a week later. My references were contacted the same day as my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use X software (requested in the job description)? What is your experience with this program and how have you applied it to current/past research?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online. The sent me emails multiple times to make sure everything was straight before the interview, then interviewer disappeared after scheduling interview. Very unprofessional! Treating candidates politely is the right thing to do!

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

HR phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the chief PA, an attending, and a tour of the department/staff. Reference checks were requested later on and finally an offer after references were completed

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes before my interview.The interview started promptly and lasted 40 minutes. I was interviewed by 3 different people: First the practice manager, then the clinical coordinator and then the receptionist. They were all very pleasant and were easy to interview with. We went over their requirements and my qualifications.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Email correspondence and in person interview with HR and nurse manager. All were very friendly and easy to communicate with. Questions were not too complex and interview was not too stressful.