Columbia University Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 70 of over 70 interviews

Campus Recruiting8%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Columbia University Medical Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center

Interview

Doesn’t get back to you meanwhile they promise you they would. Also they judge you based on your resume background if it doesn’t meet their standards, especially with professional experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply here? What is your interests?
    Answer Question

Columbia University Medical Center

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center

Interview

All questions are professional and research friendly. The professors and students there are very patient and supportive. They didn't give the interviewee any pressure. Everyone can get equal opportunity in the interview process. I enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this position? Do you have any relevant experience?
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Columbia University Medical Center

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center

Interview

Organized. Started off with phone screen. Followed by in-person. 6 week wait for offer. 3 months for onboarding date. Most questions were behavioral/situational… asking for examples in given situations. Some supervisory questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University Medical Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center

Interview

A slow and messy process. Applied online and was invited for an interview about a month later. 1st stage was a phone interview with a team member. Then had a video interview with the hiring manager and a team member, and was told I would hear back in a few weeks for the next stage. Fast forward a month of no response, and only found out I was not selected by checking the career portal website.

Interview Questions
  • Easy interviews, basically just conversations about the role/team and my experience.

Columbia University Medical Center

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center

Interview

I had an initial 30-minute phone interview with a postdoctoral fellow in the lab. This was followed by an all lab interview, where the PI and all current lab members asked questions about my research experience.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Columbia University Medical Center

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center

Interview

PI contacted me for an interview a week after the job closing date. Topics discussed include past research experience, and what I have to contribute to the lab. Straightforward, no curveballs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University Medical Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center

Interview

Met with the hiring manager. The interview was brief about 10 min. Asked me standard questions about background experience, strength and weakness, where do I see myself 5 years from now.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a angry patient?

Columbia University Medical Center

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center in Jan 2020

Interview

The interview process was unclear and lacked a sense of certainty. I had no idea when I should expect contact and how the process was progressing. At several points I got mixed signals from staff and employers. Generally the questions themselves were fair and relevant, but the process is the biggest complaint. While I went through 3 interviews and 4 different points of contact, I was ghosted in the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University Medical Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center in Dec 2019

Interview

Phone Interview first and a half-day interview on-site. The phone screen was just three basic behavior questions about the resume, why applying for the position. Recent related project. But I did not pass the phone screen, I guess my skills did not match the positions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in Nov 2019

Interview

A few weeks after I applied online I was emailed by the Administration Assistant to setup an onsite interview. Honestly I initially felt taken aback that they did not even want a phone screen, but I figured it is Columbia University and it is probably ok (and it did turn out ok :P). So we set a date and I was given schedule for the day. The onsite was ~4-5 hours. It consisted mostly of 1-on-1s with various people I would be interacting with, starting in the morning with the hiring manager. There was one group panel (2 on 1), I also met with a couple of the directors, and the HR lady at the end. The hiring manager also walked me to get some lunch and we brought it back to eat with a couple others on the team. The interviews were mostly just casual chats about my experience, their job, the role I applied to, etc. Most people dug into something on my resume to test my experience/knowledge. There was otherwise nothing technically too hard. The hardest part about the interview honestly was the HR lady at the end. I felt she was grilling me a bit about motivation and behavioral questions (like how I work on a team, why am I leaving my job, etc.) She recognized my discomfort though and tried to relax me a bit >.< About a week after the interview, I had a follow up call with the hiring manager and the data scientist. They indicated they were interested in moving forward with me and he also made effort to emphasize/clarify what the role is about. I appreciated the latter effort because it helped me make my decision to not move forward with the role (because it became apparent to me it did not fully align with my interests). After this call the Administrative Assistant emailed me to have me get three letters of reference, but at that point I withdrew my candidacy for various reasons. Overall, everything went pretty smoothly. Everyone was pretty nice and knowledgable. However, two things that I saw as negatives were the HR lady's unwillingness to give me an idea of what salary I could expect, and that they wanted letters of recommendation. I understand it is an academic institution where letters are common for post-doc and professor positions, but I felt requesting letter for a staff position was a bit overkill (or maybe I just was unenthused about the position).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Interviews