Columbia University Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview is more like a casual dialogue in which the interviewer is trying to find out what interests you and how those interests would benefit their company. The interviewer would also like to know if you have any past experience that could benefit you and the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I planned to do after completing my internship.   1 Answer

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a nice experience overall. Hiring manager explained the details of job and didn't ask very technical questions. Was more willing to find out about my behavioral skills and how could I contribute as a team player. Even asked me a couple of casual questions about my other interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY).

Interview

A friend of mine worked the same position I was interviewing for and referred me because she thought my experiences + personality suited the role. I reached out to her manager and he helped refer me to the manager of a different department. I heard no response from the other manager. A few months later, a position opened up in their department and her manager reached out to me. A few days later, he gave me a call to explain the position. I was brought in for an interview another few days later and met with the hiring manager I had been in contact with, the head nurse, and three doctors who directly work with the position I was interviewing for. I thought it went fairly well but then I didn't hear back from the manager for about three weeks after I sent a thank you e-mail. I e-mailed once inquiring about the process and the/my status. Then I was told by my friend over a month later that they had hired someone else. I sent an e-mail asking how I could improve and for general tips and I received no reply. My friend decides to leave and wants to refer me for her position. Her manager e-mails me to set up a phone call and then 5 minutes past the time he was supposed to call, he e-mails that he is busy and will get in touch with me tomorrow. A week passes and my friend notifies me that once again someone else was hired. The management sounds like a mess over there and apparently everyone hates their job there and is quitting. I don't blame them. Very unprofessional. A curt "sorry we went with someone else" e-mail would have sufficed both times but I guess they were too busy cleaning up the mess of their department to give me that courtesy.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would be able to handle the fact that these patients are dying or how would you handle the situation of your patient(s) dying?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

One in-person interview where majority of time was spent with interviewers explaining the structure and rigorous time-demands of the position. Questions were asked about my years of experience, comfortability with urgently responding to chances to enroll research subjects, ability to be part of a team, and languages I speak (Spanish a plus, given the neighborhood).

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of how you have successfully worked on a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online in February 2016. I received a phone call a week later. The interview was set two weeks after the call through email.

All in all, I had a positive experience and interview with the employees and my interviewers. The interview lasted 2.5 hours in total with 7 different interviewers. They needed to interview other candidates so they would give me a response in two weeks.

I followed up two weeks later and received no response. I tried again the following week and was notified that they offered the job to someone who they thought was more suitable for the job. I felt disappointed because I had a great experience with the department and was lead to believe they'd give me an offer, or call me back for another interview as stated by the PI. They changed their plans regarding how many hires they would make, so that was an unclear aspect of the interview process. I don't regret my application.

The overall interview process took 1.5 months.

Operation Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a one-to-one conversation. It took place at the administrator's office. I was asked several general questions of my academic background, previous working experience and other related questions. The talk was relaxed and it was a general behavioral interview. The interviewer also asked my opinion on several issues the department was facing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center in August 2010.

Interview

interviewed by staff while the supervisor/faculty member was on vacation

Interview Questions

• Can you work with someone who is difficult to please and does not reward performance and has higher expectations than most   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview takes place at the administration office. Manager or supervisor takes it usually and they email you or call you to schedule for an interview. Interview process is very easy and you will feel quite comfortable. It wasn’t that hard at all.

Interview Questions

• How can you be their asset?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online for one position and received an email the next day from an HR representative recommending that I apply to another position that was more suited towards my skills and experience. I was then invited for an interview for the following week. The interview itself was casual. The interviewer spent most of the time explaining the job expectations and responsibilities-- not many questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most recent work experience and how does that relate to this role.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University Medical Center (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through a staffing agency which pre screened me and ran a basic background check. About a month in I was offered a permanent position. A CUMC background check was ran which took approximately two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer