Columbia University PhD Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University PhD Student Interview Questions

Interviews at Columbia University

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Typical application of PhD programs in US, nothing special in comparison to other universities around the country. You have to submit all your documents online through a very nice system. It is the same as the other universities as you can see.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

There is no interview unless you want to enter business school, however, if you get admitted, the university will definitely give you a chance to visit the campus and live with students there so that you can get more detailed information about this university. The whole experience is fine if you have some good projects and good professors to help you. Otherwise, people may feel pretty stressed out.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

I got invited to the open house, which takes place on the campus for 2 days. I could not make it because I was out of the country and instead did a skype interview. Skype interview was done with one professor, who was very nice and easy-going.

Interview Questions

• Describe your undergraduate research experience.
      What research are you interested in Columbia?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

In depth talk about the candidate's research interests, academic plans and future perspectives. Much time was devoted to the overall presentation of the program, with the possibility on the interviewee's side to get to know how lectures/seminars are structured, how teaching and other works assignments work and, more generally, what are the requirements of the doctoral program.