Columbia University Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Columbia University

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

If you are hired internally, you will always have preference. Slowly gutting benefits packages. Retirement (slashed) and tuition (only 2 classes a year comped now, not free ride for programs as before) not what they were two years ago.

Interview Questions

• "Are you an assh*le?" First question, no kidding.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered 6K more than the minimum. No negotiation, stayed a year, transferred laterally.

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

This was easily the most useless and unprofessional interview I have ever had. The interviewer was completely unprepared and didn't even have a computer for the Powerpoint presentation he asked me to prepare - something I spent days working on. In addition to that, I was asked absolutely no questions relevant to my job experience. I was not even given any feedback except for some highly unprofessional comments about my lack of time-management skills due to the fact that I went overtime on my presentation. (So sorry about that, by the way. Next time I give a Powerpoint presentation WITHOUT a computer and no way to time myself, I'll try to be more in touch with my internal clock!). I also thought it was rather ironic that the guy calling me out on my "time management skills" was at least 10 minutes late for the interview and also didn't even stick to the timeline he gave me concerning when I would hear back about the position. By that point, I realized this whole interview was a joke and that they never had any intention of considering me as a serious candidate. I could go on and on but I will stop there.... Ultimately, I can't imagine that this "interview" (if I can even call it that?) is indicative of the overall experience at Columbia, but it was nevertheless my experience. It was a huge disappointment and a massive waste of my time and resources. Don't let these jokers give you the run around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Their email prior to my interview, ask me to create a Power Point presentation according to their briefing. I will present it at the interview to the department head and the team, and Q and A at the end of my presentation. After my presentation is over, I sat down with the hiring manager went through a couple very basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• As I said, the very basic interview question. “Do you have any question?”   Answer Question