Columbia University Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Columbia University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

First stage: Phone interview with HR, which includes a salary screen. I didn't fit in their range and they told me so and told me what the ceiling for the position is. We agreed to proceed.

Second stage: An interview with HR and the head of the research team (1/2 hr), followed by a 1/2 hr with an associate director. The HR and head of the team created a good impression on me. They asked general questions about my current work and said little about what skills are needed for the position. That made it tough to show them that I have the skills needed.

The associate director was a little strange. He was newly promoted and had no interviewing skills. Appeared unable to describe the company culture and his management style.

The time limits of both parts of the interview were enforced strictly; they actually cut me off to say we are out of time.

There was zero follow-up on their part, although they promised they will be in touch in "a couple of weeks." After a while, the HR person wrote to me that "we are still recruiting." No closure.

Interview Questions

• Frankly, the most unexpected part was how little they asked me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Submission of cover letter and resume for the position
    Brief interview with the Professor focusing on the basic stuff - past experiences, skill sets in my case programming experience, experience interacting with students in a teaching/ mentor capacity, interest in particular course and relevance to career path, reading up and familiarity with the course syllabus would be useful

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior experience working with undergrad students in the capacity of a tutor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and one in person interview. The process was fairly easy and straightforward it was just very time consuming. It seemed like the same questions were being asked by everyone I interviewed with. And some of the HR interviewers didn't seem to be very familiar with the job.