Columbia University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Columbia University

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

I heard about the position through an alumni newletter. An alumnus had the position and would be leaving. I contacted that person and then submitted resume and cover letter to the hiring manager. It was a 1:1 interview with the HM. The interview was mostly focused on my experience and skills. There was only 1 situational question. Sent thank you. Heard back by the end of the week that I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle a patient with behavioral issues, having an outburst.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not applicable. The RA position has a set range, which is small. I was automatically offered a salary per their criteria.

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Applied online at internships.com; got a call a couple of weeks later; very difficult interview, with probing questions and case questions.

Interview Questions

• How many Ferraris are being driven in New York City right now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was relaxed. I was asked about my research interests and previous experience. All of the employees were very nice and welcoming. The whole process took about two hours. I was asked to submit a sample of my writing and that was it. I started work the following week.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any surprises. It was a pleasant surprise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and then received a call for a face to face interview. The interview was pretty usual with most questions pertaining to past experiences. After which I met with the Phd candidates working in the lab. I was offered the position in a week.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions from what I can recall, but be prepared for any technical questions they might ask from your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

I could not negotiate further than the base package

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview

In Person Interview

Interview Questions

• What do I see myself doing in the Future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I emailed the PI to say that I was interested in her research and to ask if she had any spots available. She she yes and we corresponded a bit by email. Then I had an in-person 1:1 interview with her. I thought it went fairly well. She didn't ask anything too difficult, but she was new to the university (and the country) and didn't seem to understand the distinction between a research assistant and a graduate student. She kept saying things about me being in graduate school, which I am currently not. That made the whole experience a bit confusing.

Interview Questions

• What one aspect of my lab's research interests you most?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

quite odd interview. the professor just started to describe what the work might be like, but when I asked for more details, she was like I'm also confused. I know she was looking for someone to do data cleaning for her future research project, so she asked the statistical skills I have. The interview ended in 20 min.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

first you apply online. afterwards in about two weeks i was contacted by human resources for an in person interview. the questions were mostly questions about your resume and about the company. A few hours later i was offered the position by phone.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Just talked about my background, my resume, asked me what I am interested in.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Applied through the Columbia website and interviewed with senior management. The interview process was easy, but rather long time between interview and actual hiring

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to the work of NCDP in a unique and meaningful way?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. There is a set budget and that's what they work with. Straight forward