Columbia University Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Research Scientist Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple questions on work experiences and goals. Talked about why I want to research at columbia. Laid back but the interviewer seem distracted. They were disorganized. They were 2+ hours late to the scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• What were your work experiences and what are your goals few years from now. What were the lab techniques.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Just went in and interviewed with a professor. Knocked on the door and when I was told to come in, I went in. Then we talked for a while and then I left.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was easy. I presented my work, followed by Q and A. Then I had a conversation with the PI about the projects that I will be working on in the next few years. and I had lunch with a few of the lab members which was a great experience

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone, as I was living in the UK at the time. I already knew the people as we are in the same field. Two principal investigators spoke with me for about an hour. It was low-key, since we'd already informally agreed to the position.

Interview Questions

• We reviewed a published paper of mine, and I had to explain it in detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

2 times of phone interviews.
    1st, general discussion about past experiences
    2nd, detail discussion on potential work and contribution

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University in January 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of a job talk to an audience of about 20-25 people. Little technical discussion during the talk and then 1:1 discussions and interviews.

1 coding interview, 1 probability interview, and 4 research discussions.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University in January 2008.

Interview

Spoke to various people in the department

Interview Questions

• What is your experience? Why do you think you will be a good fit?   Answer Question