Columbia University Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbia University Web Developer Interview Questions

3.5

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Columbia University in January 2015.

Interview

After a 5 hour interview it seemed like everything went well and they even went on to ask me about salary requirements and starting dates. Following the interview, about 2 days later, they sent me an email asking about 7 different managerial level questions completely unrelated to the position they were offering. In the email, they mentioned that they are still in the interviewing-process and that they will get back to me about my candidature within 3 business days. A week later, after no response, I was forced to reach-out myself and ask them about updates after which they notified me about that the fact that they have found a better suiting candidate.

Overall experience: Extremely unprofessional and a complete waste of time and anticipation.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach moving away from .NET towards a newer technology? For example Javascript.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Went through recruiter for first stage.
    Then, went to interview the possible boss and the person I would be working with at that location.
    Got letter of acceptance very quickly, and I was able to start work within two weeks fro the first contact.
    Most interviews take forever, but this one went pretty quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate working from home after a set period if possible. Most people do it at Columbia.