Columbus Zoo and Aquarium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Columbus Zoo and Aquarium Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

1.6

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.

Interview

Sit down with supervisors, fun relaxed environment, easy speaking with supervisors, asks about theater or events experience, try on character costumes, talk about best and longest days. Talk about team members and good experiences.

Interview Questions

• What part of the salad are you   1 Answer

Character Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powell, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (Powell, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and fun, but also very professional. They asked all the typical questions and also some goofy ones! We talked about my experience in theater and ended up singing songs together. Very fun!

Interview Questions

• If you were a salad what type of salad would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable working in a costume on hot summer days?   1 Answer

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

A quick and sit-down interview with one of the managers outside one of the busiest restaurants in the zoo. The interview took about fifteen minutes. The manager asked me about three questions, and the rest of the interview was him talking about the job and some of the zoo's policies. I was hired on the spot and it was a very casual experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a negative interaction with a customer in the past?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (Columbus, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Incredibly quick and non confrontational. I interviewed with one of my future managers so that was a good way to get introduced to him. After the 5 minute interview they immediately offered me a job .

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer started yelling at you?   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and within a few days received an e-mail from the supervisor. Set up an interview for when I got home from school. She was very nice and made me feel welcome. Asked me a few questions about myself and about why I wanted the job. She ended up hiring me on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. I was looking for work after moving back to Columbus and I got hired on the spot. It probably helped that I have a degree in hospitality management and 2 years of customer service/cash handling experience. I even showed up an hour late for the interview too haha. I think they were desperate for the holiday's because if I was them I wouldn't have hired me based on being late. First time for me too I might add. Basically if you want to work at the Cbus Zoo get in during xmas. They might let you go after word but at least you can prove yourself then. Interview was very standard. Also, be prepared to have the interview in a junky like office that is shoved in the attic lol.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where handled a difficult customer?   1 Answer

I was offered more money at Macy's Inc.

Seasonal Admissions Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. I was interviewed by two people on the phone, and they called me about 20 mins after our scheduled interview time. They asked a lot about previous job responsibilities. They said they'd call back within a few days to let me know if I made it to the next round of interviews but never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Describe all of your responsibilities for your past few positions.   Answer Question

Guest Relations Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powell, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (Powell, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was then invited to go to their job fair. I was then interviewed and hired on the spot. I didn't have to wait very long to be interviewed and when I was interviewed it was with in a non-threatening environment. I felt very much at ease.

Admissions Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powell, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (Powell, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Very generic questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. They are seeking to fill a very easy, non complicated position. The interviewer was kind. I applied online, then received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was asking about myself and personal traits and character. After phone interview, they invited me for a face to face interview. Tons of other people there, and surprisingly they turned a number of people away. I was offered the job on the spot an took it. After accepting, I believe there were two orientations that took about four hours each. All training was paid, and there was even really good food at one of the trainings.

Interview Questions

• What was one situation where you had to respond quickly? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Admissions Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powell, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (Powell, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Very informal and fast.

Interview Questions

• If you could be an animal, what kind would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.