Comcast Business Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Comcast Business Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was first interviews by the recruitment employee over the phone. She sent me two online assesment test. Passed both. I was set up with a face to face interview with two managers for business account executives. The interview was aprox. 1 hour long and answered pretty simple questions. Nothing too hard. I had to make a power point presentation for the interview which was a success.

Interview Questions

• Role play: sell something to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I havent recieved my offer letter since my interview was just yesterday. But I am sure I will recieve one very soon.

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via Linkedin. Setup a time to complete a phone interview. Lasted less than 30 minutes. Explained aspects of the job, salary, benefits, ect. Moved on to face-to-face interview with hiring manager. Asked some situational questions, discuss prior experience in relation to the current job characteristics. Was moved on to interview w/ another sales manager, questions were the same but did not make it past that. Did not receive an update on the hiring process until I reached out 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer/client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Newark, NJ).

Interview

It was smooth and straight forward. Nothing o rely difficult. They do interview you because they want you. As long as your resume hits their criteria you are usually good to go. Appearance of course is majority of your battle when you go in person. Very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How much money I wanted to make?   1 Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

The process was good and the hiring manager was nice. There seemed to be a great deal of internal struggle due to the negative customer service backlash, and this position was clearly affected. The manager seemed overwhelmed. Asked standard questions, but, didn't spend much time asking sales related questions. Stated twice he felt I was overqualified for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then an in person interview with two sales managers and the sales director. They asked me some standard questions about cold calling, prospecting, and then some other questions on my background, how I grew up, favorite music, what type of apps do I use on my phone.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long but wasn't too tough. I believe I took an online assessment before being contacted by the recruiter about a month after I applied. I had my first interview with the 2 Sales Manager with went pretty well. I had no experience so that was there biggest reservation with hiring me. After 2 weeks, I was contacted again by the the same recruiter and she scheduled a second interview with the Director of Sales. The interview was a little different because he had me introduce myself to a couple of employees and ask them questions about their experience at their position. Then we had our one-on-one in his office. He was very down to earth and the interview again went really well. He basically had the same reservations and the the whole interview was how tough this position is and how I would overcome those obstacles. I was offered the position two weeks later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Questions were just about my previous job experiences and how I handled certain situations. I think because I had no experience in the industry they didn't ask a lot of questions that they normally would have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Sarasota, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

My husband and I moved to Florida and still had to decide where we wanted to live, so I gave my 4 week notice to Comcast, with the plan to get back on once we relocated. I drove to two 2nd interviews that went great. HR set up those interviews, but did not even check previous company records first. When the 2 managers wanted to hire me, I received a canned email from HR that " they were looking elsewhere". I immediately called the HR gal who then informed me that they discovered there was a "needs improvement" status on my record, and I can NEVER be re-hired. I was totally heartbroken. Especially since I had no idea my previous boss, whom I respected greatly, had left the company before he was able to correct this HR record. I even had 3 great letters of recommendation and a solid sales record, but there "was nothing they could do."

This is a great example of how a Human Resources dept. has become too strong, and makes rules to protect their own employment. It is very hard to get hired on at Comcast if you are good, so HR just keeps hiring people that give up easily or can't take the pressure, so their work load remains constant.

Business Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I was sent an assessment. Two weeks in I was contacted by a somewhat rude company recruiter who spoke to me in a condescending way as if I was not an educated woman(I have an MBA) Made rude remarks about my resume-Then why did you call me?, I am asking myself. A week later I was interviewed in person by a manager who was not prepared to interview me. It was a very haphazard short interview with lots of "ums" and pauses due to their unpreparedness. What I found interesting is that this position is not really match the job description. I feel it a great job for college kids not seasoned Account/sales reps with a college education.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position? (Apparently this position is not marketed properly by the job description and recruiter).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online. The interview process started with a phone screen, then a phone interview, next step was a panel interview with 3 managers, the final interview was with the director. This is a long process. The background check is a long process and is very thorough. Be honest on your background and be ready with an explaination if there is something questionable on the background check

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Formal interview with an obvious script. Interviewer was not very personable. Was looking for lots of examples and stories of how i had handled various situations with customers in the past.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions like; Give me an example of a time when you had this situation or that situation with a customer.   Answer Question