Comcast Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.6

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Merrillville, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a text asking if I was available for a phone interview. The interview was 30 minutes. He asked several questions and described the job position to me including salary and a typical work day.

Interview Questions

• How do you work independently?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email suggesting I was a good fit. I filled out an application, and was notified of a group interview the following week. When I arrived at the interview, there were approximately 20 other people. We watched a brief video, talked with managers about the job, and broke into four on one interviews.

At the end of the interviews which lasted about 30 minutes, half of the group was dismissed. The rest of us were told we could go to lunch and come back for a second interview that day.

During the second interview, it was two interviewers and myself. They asked about my work experience from my resume and how it would be relatable to my job at Comcast. They then asked me a series of questions related to sales.

Overall, it was a non stressful interview process if you come prepared.

Interview Questions

• give an example of preseverance that you have encountered in your life.   Answer Question
    • give an example of a time you used persuasion in a job, preferably selling something.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a recruiter and asked to schedule a phone screen; I was then asked to complete an online application. After the application was submitted I received another call from the recruiter. After a few days I received another unscheduled call from another recruiter, and later received another unscheduled interview from the same recruiter. Typically, interviews are scheduled to provide both parties appropriate timing. The recruiter had a negative attitude; other than being condesending he asked me "What year did you graduate from college?" which threw me. I told him I omitted that date to note age my resume, a practice many HR departments encourage, which earned me a bit of a lecture from the recruiter. In between the interviews I read the reviews and was hesitant, but I continued answering their calls. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. She was friendly, but used assumptive language, which I took as a good sign. I was told I would hear back from the second recruiter on next steps. After all of the surprise interviews, etc, I received an automated, do-not-reply email stating I was not qualified for the position. A denial is fine, but after five or six interviews (all but one not having been scheduled) I would assume an actual email response would be most appropriate. Clearly I was mistaken, but were the reviews?

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate from college?
      What would you bring to meet a property manager?
      Have you ever thrown an event before?   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about two weeks after applying. A few weeks later I did a face to face interview at the local office. The interview was shorter and more painless than I was expecting based on other reviews.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions were "tell me about a time" when you overcame obstacles to achieve goals, when you had to use critical thinking, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary is pretty cut and dry from the beginning. The recruiter describes it in your first initial call. Also the interviewer reiterates this during the interview, as does all of the follow up emails in between, so it's really not up for negotiation. But don't expect the hiring process to be quick. My month and a half long experience is nothing compared to how long I've read it can take so be patient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Over the phone screening. Not a fan of the job description. Not big on door to door sales because lets be honest if somebody comes knocking on your door chances are your going to ignore it. The also took forever to et back to me and I accepted a way better offer from another company that is located in Atlanta.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable in sales? Are you a team player? Etc.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast in August 2016.

Interview

First thing I did was apply online . The following day I was contacted to set up an in person interview . This process was two weeks long . I was then interviewed by one of the hiring managers, and then the following week by the same following manager, and another person.

The job seemed as if it was trying to force you to make money on their terms in regards to your own. I still love the job, however I feel that some of the questions were way too personal .

Interview Questions

• How much money would you like to make ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comcast (Mount Laurel, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Comcast in-house recruiter and she told me to apply online. I applied and filled out a tedious but easy personality and ability test and then set up an interview at the Mt Laurel location for the new Cherry Hill location that has not opened yet. I had a panel interview and was later offered another job in a different location and I declined the offer

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with angry customers? the idea was that not many people walk into a cable store without dealing with an annoying amount of hotlines with no reults   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was two rounds of interviews with a panel of supervisors. Straightforward questioning. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. It was a very welcoming process and the supervisors all seemed friendly and interested in my answers.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process took a while... I'd say an month or more... but very relaxed. I was approached by a recruiter... I had to take an hour long assessment, interview over phone, schedule a 1 on 1 interview; it was relax and more about the company and position. Afterwards, I have to go through another one with a different supervisor for interview. Once completed and offered a position, I have to respond to email and complete normal hiring process. All I could say, be honest and sell yourself (confidence, trust, and great attitude). You're being interviewed by a your future direct boss!

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Was an easy interview. Seemed like they were trying to sell the job more than disqualify candidates. Semed like it was a canned process and they were trained to interview this way.

Interview Questions

• What was the toughest situation where you had to change someones mind.,   1 Answer