Comcast Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a recruiter and asked to schedule a phone screen; I was then asked to complete an online application. After the application was submitted I received another call from the recruiter. After a few days I received another unscheduled call from another recruiter, and later received another unscheduled interview from the same recruiter. Typically, interviews are scheduled to provide both parties appropriate timing. The recruiter had a negative attitude; other than being condesending he asked me "What year did you graduate from college?" which threw me. I told him I omitted that date to note age my resume, a practice many HR departments encourage, which earned me a bit of a lecture from the recruiter. In between the interviews I read the reviews and was hesitant, but I continued answering their calls. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. She was friendly, but used assumptive language, which I took as a good sign. I was told I would hear back from the second recruiter on next steps. After all of the surprise interviews, etc, I received an automated, do-not-reply email stating I was not qualified for the position. A denial is fine, but after five or six interviews (all but one not having been scheduled) I would assume an actual email response would be most appropriate. Clearly I was mistaken, but were the reviews?

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate from college?
    What would you bring to meet a property manager?
    Have you ever thrown an event before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast in August 2016.

Interview

First thing I did was apply online . The following day I was contacted to set up an in person interview . This process was two weeks long . I was then interviewed by one of the hiring managers, and then the following week by the same following manager, and another person.

The job seemed as if it was trying to force you to make money on their terms in regards to your own. I still love the job, however I feel that some of the questions were way too personal .

Interview Questions

• How much money would you like to make ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was two rounds of interviews with a panel of supervisors. Straightforward questioning. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. It was a very welcoming process and the supervisors all seemed friendly and interested in my answers.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Was interview by two men. First question was how much I wanted to make at the job. After hearing my answer, proceed to tell me I'm not getting hired. The interview process has not even started. Once they did proceed the interview, it was just usual interview questions. But I was reminded constantly throughout the interview that I was not going to get hired. After the interview, I was told they would refer me to their retail branch. Didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked on something independently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comcast (Sacramento, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied Online from Comcast website, uploaded my resume and qualifications through LinkedIn, a recruiter will call back soon if they are interested and set up a phone interview, then later a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• they use the star interviewing system, my bad experience with this company is: i have worked for them in the past for 4 years and I am rehire able I had an excellent and successful record with them but have been turned down with every job I have applied to with them I have spoken with supervisors asking the reason but have not received a clear answer almost as if they do not want me working for them any more for no good reason   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process has been insightful and the recruiters have very informative and been Great along the way! All my questions and concerns have been answered quickly and very helpful!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Sandy, UT) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online initially. Long application process. After applying there was an hour long online assessment. It was all personality type questions, pretty standard. Got a call a few days later from a corporate recruiter and set up an over the phone interview. Phone interview was pretty standard. Took about 45 minutes. Got a call a few days later to come in for a personal interview. Interview lasted about an hour. Got a rejection email over a month later. I emailed the interviewer for feedback on the rejection because I thought it went quite well. Never got a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Plymouth, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Saw the posting on craigs list, sent email with resume. Was contacted about a week later by recruiter for phone screening. Asked basic questions pertaining to my resume, gave me job description and pay scale asked me if I was still interested, I was. I was told I would receive an email with assessment test link and date and time for follow up seminar. I took assessment test which was basically a personality test and simple if you pay attention to your answers . Went to seminar a few weeks later, about 13 other people there all dressed to impress, we went into a conference room and sat around a table while the area sales people gave us the logistics of the job and told us basically if you have any other commitments this job is not for you, they are a very dedicated and hungry team they want you 110% . Snow, heat, kids, doctors, weekends, doesn't matter if it falls during peak work hours for them, which are when everyone else is home, your working. Everyone interviewed after separately by each district team manager and we left. Everyone was very nice and very informative.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions but my advice if they ask what you want to earn shoot high really high like $150,000 and up they are hungry and they want sharks.......   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Completed app and 2 days later had my phone interview. Was sent an email with the assessment link. Completed that and 1 week later received email about 2nd interview. Received a call the same night and was told that they wanted me to work for them. Took about 3 days to hear back from recruiter but they sent me my offer letter, background check email and drug screening email

Interview Questions

• what were you able to do so the customer would purchase your product and not the competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Elmhurst, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Comcast web page to apply is not user friendly unable to return once logged in. No assistance from customer service/help desk. You will receive an email asking to attend a presentation for 3 hours then given a contact and asked to return for interview. Contact was a no show my appointment at 1:30 pm, did not leave until 5pm met with Direct Sales Supervisor and MUS Supervisor with a list of 10 questions. Very rude answering there cell phone during the interview. Huge waste of time will not give you any feedback on the interview or how many jobs are available.

Interview Questions

• Would you submit a false sale?   1 Answer
    • Why not go work for our competitor as a contractor with straight commission?   Answer Question