Comcast Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Comcast Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comcast (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at Comcast job fair. Was about 15 minutes. Everyone was very friendly. Was interviewed by a supervisor of a different location. This was important because he knew the challenges of the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a team?
    Can you be on your feet 4-6hrs a day?
    Will you work weekends and nights?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Nashville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

brief phone interview to qualify, then possibly another. then one or two in person interview. they ask questions on ethics, your past, why do you think you'd be a great sales representative and so on. they also drug test.

Interview Questions

• If I was a banana and you were a hot dog, what color is the moon?   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

The interview process is designed to be 60 minutes but due to an excess of positions opening up, they scheduled me for a 30 minute (actual duration ~26). Two interviewers present throughout; they alternated asking questions and explaining the duties of the role.

They began by explaining how the interview would be informal and told me to relax. I'm always Leary of this statement because it tends to be a trap. I donned my two piece suit for whatever that's worth.

Interview Questions

• Based on your resume, you have very little sales experience. How do you feel you would compensate if given the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base salary was predetermined. The remaining income would be commission based.

Anonymous Employee in Doraville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Doraville, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process didn't last long and it wasn't in a normal office setting. I had my interview on a couch at Brandsmart USA in Doraville, GA. I met with Tammie the Supervisor and she was very straigh forward about the job but yet rude. She basically told me that how I would be successful is that I should listen to her or else.

Interview Questions

• Why am I good fit for this Sales position as opposed to other potential interviewers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Normal, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I talked with a recruiter, interviewed apprx. 2 weeks later. Received a call the same day that they wanted me for the job. Then you receive a preliminary offer while they conduct your background check and drug test. You cannot have 2 moving violations on your record for this position. This is as far as I have gotten. I have a ticket that I have submitted back into court for supervision in order to begin the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Sell me something.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • all of the questions were pretty basic and then the elaborated on the scope of the position in more detail, which was entirely different from what I learned through the Manpower recruiter. There is 4 weeks of training away from your area to get started.   Answer Question
    • If you haven't sold anything for 8 hours and it is the end of the day, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none. Your job is to make 100% commission off with a base salary of $28,080. 100% commission will give you a salary of $78,000. That is paid bi-weekly after selling 8 tv services, 8 internet, 4 phone, 2 security systems. If you excel above these numbers, you can elevate yourself to a dsr rep 2 with base salary of $31,000.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application, emailed back to take a test, then scheduled phoner, then in person interview, then was called for job offer(took a week), then drug test/background(took a week),finallized hire. Total process took about a month and started training another month after finalizing hire.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you used tech to help service a customer in your previus job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Sacramento, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process in a lengthy one. First you submit your resume. Then it may take a week or longer. Then there is a phone call interview it takes about 20 minutes. Then a online personality test. It goes form there to review for possibly another phone interview before your brought in to be interviewed in person. Then one more time by a direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions- Why do you think you are the right person for this job, what motivates you   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process was done through a recruiting firm out of Phoenix. The call was made the day after I submitted my application online. They had me do an online assessment/. I received a call the next day and had a phone interview. The process was pretty quick. However, I did not get the offer right away and I thought I had lost the opportunity. I had a pretty good interview with the Sales Supervisor as well as the Area Manager. But they had just taken a while to get around to sending the information to the recruiting firm. Once I got the offer, everything went smoothly from there.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions. The interviewer just asked the same regular questions. However, they did stress the importance of the job and what it entailed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

A total of three interviews to land the role. first step is phone screen with recruiter then there is a group interview/presentation. then this moves into 1 on 1 interviews and then a possible inteview with a manager

Interview Questions

• Be ready for a behavioral interview focused on sales. know how you would be successful and be able to show a plan of action   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Portland, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

Two managers conducted the interview and asked all the normal standard questions. Not very difficult and I had an offer within 3 days. Make sure to dress professionally for the interview i.e. a nice shirt and tie with dress pants. A couple of guys before and after me were there in polo shirts and jeans and they didn't get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you convinced someone to purchase something they didn't feel they would ever need or want.   Answer Question