Comcast Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.4

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Beaverton, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

You apply online. You then take an online assessment from a link the company sends you. If you pass, then you get a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, you do a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a detailed situation where you helped turn a bad customer experience positive.   Answer Question
  • Be prepared to provide DETAILED information to past situational scenario questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, online behavioral interview, then in person interview at Beaverton campus. I had higher expectations. The interview process is too long and tedious for below average pay in the sales field. No sales commissions or bonus even if u makes sales during your mandatory 6 week training period. Also there is barely no ethnic mix of culture at all in the onsite campus the ones that were there wa probably just to meet legal law requirements.

Interview Questions

• Would u rather be number one? Or would u rather make a lot of money?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Eatontown, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed in the eatontown office. The interview went pretty standard. There were 4 gentleman sitting board room style with my resume in front of them. They asked some pretty standard questions, what are your expectations of this job etc..
    They were pretty honest about the position and the expectations they had. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the direction the company is looking to go into.
    I went into the interview very hesitant, thinking it wouldn't be the right fit.
    They actually changed my mind by telling me their own backgrounds and how they came to Comcast etc..
    The company promotes from within and it seems like you can advance quickly. Management seemed like they wanted to replace existing staff with more qualified sales professionals.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with adversity with a co worker?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

Interview

Typical sales interview. Role playing basic situations for pitching different services and packages. Nothing too difficult for anyone who has at least some sales experience. I don't have 30 works so I'm just filling this in to finish up the required words.

Interview Questions

• Give us examples on how you would sale our products?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was called by an HR person who asked a few routine questions and invited me in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early and the interviewer kept me waiting for over 20 minutes past my time slot. I was escorted into the interview and he asked me a few canned questions and appeared completely disinterested in my replies. He also explained the job responsibilities and the compensation. These he read from another piece of paper, never once looking up at me. Perhaps it was my age, my sex or my race but I could not believe that he would have crossed those lines. When I answered the final question on his list, he said thank you and escorted me quickly out the door. Did not even have the courtesy to shake my hand.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

They ask you about your former employment. They talk about quotas and inbound calling.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, individual interview, final offer. As long as you are approachable and have some sort of sales background and are confident you will be considered. Somewhat of a lengthy process

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Comcast (Plymouth, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

I went to a job fair. Interviewed with two managers. They moved me to the next process which included personality and integrity test. Once passing that you are scheduled for another interview. If you make a pass this interview you are scheduled with an interview with HR representative

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate to work at Comcast   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I recieved an interview via my local recruiter. I filled out the online application an extensive assessment. A couple of days later I went to an interview with over 20 other candidates. There was a 20 minute presentation and then we waited for a short one on one. My one on one was standard for a CSR/Sales/Call Center position. I nailed it and recieved an email that evening from my recruiter that they loved me and wanted to hire me.

A week and a half later, after hearing nothing from them, my recruiter contacted me and said that they changed their minds because of my assesment. I was shocked since I have done this type of work before and have a college degree; tests are no stranger to me and I have never failed one. I was good at call center work and after giving a great interview I was being excluded because of a standarized test that obveously does not do what it is inteneded to do. I have a proven track record. I have even worked with the same computer systems and time management systems that Comcast uses and yet it means nothing.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions; only an unexpected computer assesment that is invalid and does not asses anything relevent to the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I recieved a half offer that was rescended; all because of a standardized test. Remember how much we all loved them in school? Now they are haunting us in the workplace.

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Called me in for an interview. Talked to a manager who asked me, "are you sure since you graduated from college you would want to work here?". Then I said yes. She said ok let me set you up with manager of the sales floor. He then asked me easy questions and bam I got the job.

Interview Questions

• "you sure you want to work from 12-9 everyday?" "this job can be stressful and you will have all calls recorded and you will have to sometimes take at least 100 calls a day, is that sound like something you would want to do?" um well considering I have no job straight out of college, yes unfortunately I will have to accept this cubicle farm job with the worst turn over rate ever recorded at any company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Kind of like a restaurant business, although instead of 2.35 an hour plus tips, you make 13.23 an hour plus commissions. That's the commissions that he one man does for the entire company. So pray he gets your numbers right. Oh by the way, IF YOU MAKE NEW LITTLE ERROR ON A SALE YOU DO NOT GET THE COMMISSION ON THAT SALE. WHETHER ITS SPELLING THE CUSTOMERS NAME WRONG OR CLICKING ON HE WRONG BOX FOR THE CUSTOMER. No warnings, and if the customer calls back and changes anything your commissions are affects because when the guy looks at the sale he will see if anything has changed on the account that want made by you and you will lose that commission. Whack!