Comcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

567 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

some behavioral questions but mainly a test on technical skills. Questions for them should not be about their competition or what they do in terms of online content. The answers they gave were just they don't have many competitors and it kinda lead the conversation to a dead end.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your skills fit in with our team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

There was no process. The HR reached out asking if I was interested in the Analyst role for the Video Efficiency Team. I had a phone screening with the HR; had a great conversation. She said she'll pass my profile to the hiring manager, and get back to me with a (Y/N) response. But there was no follow-up whatsoever! Despite my once-a-week follow-up emails for 3 weeks, and a couple of phone messages, no response! Absolute radio-silence. I then went through my emails and realized they have been doing this once every year, for the past 3 years. Fulfilling end of year hiring/cold calling goals, maybe?! Not something you would expect from an organization of the stature of Comcast! Highly disgusting, and disappointed!

Interview Questions

• If given an offer, when can I start?   1 Answer

Director of Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Radnor, PA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and got a call from an internal recruiter, who was very pleasant and enthusiastic. I passed the initial phone screen and was invited to do an in-depth phone interview with a peer. I spent about an hour on the phone at this stage, answering technical questions and learning about the role. I was subsequently invited to the next stage. I was asked to do a data science project using a dataset they would supply. In retrospect, I should have refused. I spent several hours building a predictive model and putting a PowerPoint deck together, which I presented to the same person who interviewed me. It started to become clear at this point that the person interviewing me didn’t know as much about the technical content as I did; I felt like I was providing free consulting. I was then invited to an on-site interview. The interview lasted about half a day and included around 10 people. One person on the schedule never showed. In general, I found the interviewers arrogant and not very sophisticated. One person had me go through some old-school thought experiments. In the first, he asked me why there are more escalators going up than down in a typical train station. I answered that one correctly, so he then asked me to estimate the number of light bulbs in Philadelphia. He didn’t like my answer on this one and made me guess about how he preferred to answer the question. With other interviewers I got a lot of questions on the predictive modeling process, ranging from data cleaning and feature engineering to favorite algorithms, preventing model overfit, and managing very large feature sets. My sense was that I knew more and had vastly more practical experience in these areas than anyone interviewing me. Nevertheless, I thought o did a good job of being patient and personable and engaging with the process in a constructive way. I never heard back. It has been a complete waste of time all around. Never again.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a predictive model that has 30,000 features?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Straight forward normal process. First, start with an internal recruiter, if selected move on to hiring manager and other(s) in person. Then if you are successful with in person interview you can continue on for a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience, what systems you know? if able and willing to work late and long hours? how do you handle difficult situations, Stress etc.?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Anti Spam Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast in November 2017.

Interview

Got the email from the recruiter for setting up the 30 mins call. They didn't schedule the call for two weeks. I was continuously contacting the recruiter. She was saying the team is busy interviewing for that position. I too got an email for the same position but the recruiter didn't set up me for the interview. Then I am getting email for not selecting for the interview process. I still feeling weird after getting an email for scheduling the interview and after two weeks getting an email for not moving into the interview process. It's a total mess and wasted my two weeks time. Worst experience!!!

Engineering II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was made easy by the Comcast hiring team they asked me a few questions for the position and they also asked me about my back ground and what I did on my last position.

Tech Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to a presentation with 7 other people. We then broke off for interviews. Each person was interviewed by 2 hiring managers. Questions were basic and easy. The atmosphere was relaxed; the managers seemed somewhat bored. I believe they do this more than they want to. The timeframe for a hiring decision is long and vague

Interview Questions

• Can you carry a 28 foot latter   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

I initially got a phone interview and told me that they would notify me the next week. I followed up twice and the hiring rep was very much diligent about letting me know but not a word from the hiring managers on whether or not they were going to proceed with the next step. I feel they should be a little more diligent with their hiring process.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Royal Oak, MI).

Interview

Interview was tough, written job description did not match actual job tasks. I prepared to discuss the job description and how experienced matched up to listed role. Manager acknowledged position was posted with a generic description given by corporate that could not be altered actual role.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about dealing with a difficult customer not willing to listen what may have caused their service issues?   Answer Question

Communications Technician Interview

Interview

brief interview. asked about what you would do in certain scenarios in your past jobs. dress business and eye contact. ask your own questions, don’t over talk get to the point

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for comcast   1 Answer