Comcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,694 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,694 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Writing this in hopes of helping someone find the information that I failed to find. First step was applying online. Within the first week I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview, which was a few days later. The phone interview consisted of some basic background questions in relation to the job which you are applying for. The recruiter told me directly on the phone that she would be sending me to the next round of interviews ( in person) which was almost two weeks later. I interviewed with two people and from what I gather these two are closer to whom you will be directly working with/for. A majority of questions were from a piece of paper that each interviewer had. ( Tip- do the best you can to answer each question in depth and remember that it is ok to have them repeat the question or ask if that was a thorough enough answer). The 3rd and final interview with with a total of four interviewers. This was pretty much the same concept as the 2nd interview with asking questions from a sheet as well as individual questions to get a feel for your personality. In all it took about 5-6 weeks for the entire process.
    My advice- be confident and patient. The process is long and can make you feel defeated at times but Comcast is doing a thorough process of making sure they pick the right candidate. Look sharp for your and be relaxed for your interviews. I really do hope this helps someone! Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions.
      Tell me about a time where you had to do the right thing even when it wasn't a popular decision.
      How would you handle certain situations.
      What do you see for yourself in the first 30/60/90 days.
      1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Phone interview was wonderful. I had a great conversation with the recruiter, she was friendly, informative and helpful, asking smart questions. I was asked to come in for two rounds of interviews with two people each. At the last minute, I was informed one would have to be rescheduled to the next day. No problem. First interview went well, pretty standard questions, interviewers were not at all dynamic so it was hard to read. Second interview, one interviewer was very friendly, the other was a complete harpy right off of the bat. It seemed as if she had a problem with me before we even started- I knew a person she had worked with and immediately she asked what I knew about her, assuming I had gossiped with this person. I had not, told her so, and got an extremely snotty "Really." in response. Yes, really. Not everything revolves around you. It went downhill from there. The job description was a new one that she had obviously cooked up without specifics. The questions I was asked by this interviewer were ridiculous and had nothing to do with the job description originally presented. I received a follow up two days after the interview to tell me I didn't get the job, with feedback that completely contradicted what this person stated they were looking for. I think I dodged a bullet- if I had to work under this person I would probably cry on a daily basis.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Sandy, UT).

Interview

Fairly average interviewing process, they need sales people. The interviewer was very cordial and professional, it was a good conversation not awkward. Overall was very positive, they are looking for people who aren't afraid of their own shadows, after all this is a sales job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

If they want you via recommendation they'll hire you as a manager. You have to be exceedingly lucky if you don't know anyone already employed and with a high enough status to give you a recommendation.

Datacenter Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Manager set to interview with was very late to my interview, and there were others waiting as well.

I had a phone and an on site interview. The phone interview was very easy, essentially confirming what was in the resume. The on site interview with the manager was easy - they were far more interested in sports than anything technical. There were two other engineers present, and one of them threw out some extremely difficult questions to determine levels of knowledge and honesty.

Interview Questions

• what wavelength do multi-mode optics , and single mode optics operate on?   1 Answer
    • What are the frequency's and maximum cable lengths of Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a, and Cat6e cabling for 10G connections   1 Answer
    • Describe a 'home run'. Are they good, bad, or indifferent?   1 Answer
    • Terminate this cable to 586a standards, and the other end to 586b standards. What's the major differences?   1 Answer
    • Load this PDU with the following devices. (Whiteboard question)   1 Answer
    • Clean this fiber   1 Answer

Repair Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

Filled out application May 4th.Received a call from recruiter May 8th for phone interview and more info about the position. May 9th received a call from different recruiter to set up in person interview. Interviewed May 23 first part was tour of building and presentation of company history and different perks and benefits. After tour/presentation got called one by one for interview with supervisor, then if passed to the next round interviewed with two more sups was advised before i left i would here back shortly. Received a call a week later for job offer,pay rate and background and drug screening instructions. One week after drug test/background check received my start date.The process is a little lengthy but have patience. Overall great experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a irate customer and what was your resolution   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative (CAE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who thought I would be a good fit for the position. I did a phone interview, and then online assessment. My recruiter informed me that I'd passed the assessment and that I would be hearing from a hiring manager. Scheduled an interview. Went to the informational session with about 25 other recruits and then six or so supervisors called each person individually for their one on one interviews. I passed the first interview and met with the managers, manager the same day. Now I'm waiting on the final decision?

Interview Questions

• Mock Call: Customer Callinh To Set Up Services With Comcast   1 Answer

Interview

Inbound call center, revived inbound sales calls and close them. it was a good place to work. if you can sell it can be really good money for what you do.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

3 round interview - phone screening, Interview with hiring manager, then with Director. Spoke with the recruiter early April. Really informal phone screening process (recruiter was very nice). 2 weeks later she reached out and scheduled a meeting with the hiring manager on a Friday afternoon onsite (went really well. More formal than with the recruiter). The following Tuesday I got yet another call from the recruiter saying the manager was happy and wants me to speak with the director of finances. I scheduled it the next day (Wednesday). Director was as formal and easy going as the recruiter. At the end of the interview I was told I should hear back later that week. Next day (Thursday) I got the call from the recruiter with an offer.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Its really annoying. They keep you there for hours just to not select you. Their process is real annoying. And my interviewer was horrible. I believe she rigged it so I wouldn't get hired. They hire you based on the questions you answer. You get a phone interview. After you pass the phone interview you go to open house with at least 40 more people to give you a brief presentation about the job. After that you get a one on one interview. They ask you questions(nearly the same as the phone interview) and give you a score in the end(they're not going to tell you the score). Depending on the score you get a second interview. If not, they send you home. These questions, you shouldn't answer honestly you should give them an answer thats work ethically correct. I've seen 40 people come in and only about 7 selected for an interview. The second interview is tough. They ask a lot of questions that woud probably take you a few minutes to come up with an answer.

Interview Questions

• What policys did you not agree with at your last job   1 Answer