Comcast Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.6

Communications Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Auburn, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on the Comcast website, where I have to take a skills test. I was then given a thirty minute phone interview with a recruiter. After that I was scheduled for an in person interview with two Tech Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

After a 30-minute orientation, we were called one at a time for individual interviews. During this interview, we were asked miscellaneous questions by supervisors and district managers. The experience was not difficult or complicated at all.

Interview Questions

• If I put my name on your resume, will I have any regrets about this down the line?   1 Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comcast (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Very cordial and personal . Taking all the time I needed to go over all necessary paperwork that was needed to complete the interview and all the time neccerary to complete the intire interview with perfection.

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Comcast (Naples, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was friendly, the regional manager started with a presentation about job responsibilities and benefits then an individual one to one interview with one of the supervisors with another in-active guy from the HR to write down your answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced during your last job and describe how you fixed it.   1 Answer

Communication Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. A brief company overview with the rest of the candidates that were interviewing. Typical questions. Very friendly and professional management staff. While I wasn't expecting to see other people there interviewing for the same position it was kind of interesting meeting others that made it through the other steps.

Communication Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Basic Background questions, asks if you have a valid driving license, have you had any moving violations within the last 2 years, and your work history and why you're no longer there.

Interview Questions

• Are you eligible to work in the United States   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Pretty standard phone interview. Asked some general questions then ask to share a time you did something at a job. Don't talk too much, share the info and move on. A friend of mine who talks a bit didn't move on because of it. The phone people are 3rd party and have no say in your hiring besides moving onto assessment test and interview.

Communications Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

First you take a phone interview and if you answer the questions right they will set you up for a face to face. It can be 1 to 3 people interview you. If they accept you. You will take a drug test at a location of your choice and they will do a background check after that. If everything come back clear you will start if the beginning of the following month

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Comcast?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They going to start you off with 12.50 in Memphis regardless of your experience

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Richmond, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager is disrespectful they judge you by your height and skin color and they're so unprofessional they're gonna laugh at you during the interview so unprofessional thats why comcast has a bad reputation in terms of customer service

Interview Questions

• Do you have any question for us? And they laugh   1 Answer

Unprofessional

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Shoreline, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked to give examples of safety from prior employment. Asked to give examples of technical expertise from prior employment. Asked to give examples of customer service from prior employment. Asked why I wanted this position. Discussed starting wage and training process. Finally was asked if I had any questions.