Comcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Comcast Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017
1,853 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I️ found them on Indeed.com. Applied, and then received an email about a week or two later asking if I️ was interested in the position? I️ said yes, then I️ was scheduled a phone interview a few days later .

Interview Questions

• How can you be successful as a sales rep here for xfinity ?

How can you overcome an objection ?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

First, I had a brief phone screen with a recruiter from another city. Then I had a technical phone interview with one of the managers in my city. Last was an on-site interview, where I was interviewed by about 5 or 6 different people. Most questions were about my background and experience, along with technical questions about Java, algorithms, and general software development knowledge.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson City, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Dickson City, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Process began with a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter to manager handoff was a little clumsy. The interview in store seemed to go well. They asked standard questions, nothing challenging.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen was good. Hr rep was friendly and polite. Was offered to come in for a formal interview. Met with hiring manager and everything went good. Received a call next day from the Hr rep and said they are moving on. I answered a question of where you see yourself in 5 yeasts with I would like to be in management or at the division level. The hiring manager stated to the hr rep she did not want someone using this position as a stripping stone. Obviously they do not believe in internally promoting their employees. I have tried to get in touch with the hr rep since then to discuss other positions with no response, not professional at all. Completely different attitude towards me from the initial phone screen.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Boulder, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

In person 30 min technical and 30 min behavioral. The recruiter was super kind and nice, they were typical interview behavioral questions. Just be honest and you will be fine. The technical was a white-board programming question.

Retention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

the interview process was great it was a little long and was to start at 2pm but ended up starting at 2:30pm. you will be in a classroom setting for a company presebtation for about 1 hr and then you will be called out to interview with one of the team leaders in the department.

Interview Questions

• Name a time wehere you had to deal with a difficult customer? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Olympia, WA).

Interview

Long process. From applying to hiring took 6 months for me to get an interview. They called me for the phone interview then they messaged said the first job I applied for was filled. Received a call later to apply for another store and had two interviews. One with just the store manager, the next one was with the other two managers at the store plus the market manager. Received a call back within a week. Background check took 3 weeks but I have my first day on Monday! This company is awesome.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Terrible communication from HR and failure to respond to emails. All while being assured they wanted to continue the interview process. HR did not seem to be making statements on behalf of the hiring manager that were untrue.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Livonia, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

She took forever to see me. I sat waiting for 40min. Once I got back there she told me sorry she schedule was running behind and she had to eat lunch. Meaning the entire time I was sitting there she was eating. No respect for my time. Interview was ok. I feel I answered the question okay. But it was hard with her walking in and out of the room because she forgot this or she forgot that.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a coworker that did not like you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen with some moderately difficult Core Java questions. Comcast asked me to come in the very next day for an on-site. The first round seemed to go well, and my interviewers intimated that I had passed and they were going to progress with the next round, but after waiting for the second round to start, the interviewer came back and said that they didn't have anyone available to interview me, and that I should go home and wait for my recruiter to reschedule. This was after I took a day off from my current employer to travel to another city for the interview, on short notice the day after the phone screen. Also, the guy interviewing me kept making offhand comments about how they received late confirmation that I was going to show up from the interview. I literally confirmed the interview an hour after I was asked to come in, after I moved things around with my job to open up time to interview with Comcast. I later learned from my recruiter that they did not give a reason why the interview was abruptly ended, and that they said something along the lines of "they needed someone with more years of testing experience." Mind you, the job description said that they were looking for a Java dev and that QA and test processes would be taught internally. All I can say is that after this experience, I am completely and unabashedly aware of the reason why my internet service sucks, and thank God I don't have cable.

Interview Questions

• Find the lowest prime number in an array.
      Check if a word is a Palindrome.
      Pascal's Triangle
      Check to see if two strings are anagrams.
      Find the lowest/highest number in an array.   Answer Question