Comcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,667 Interview Reviews

2.6

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online which included a mini assessment. I then received a call from a recruiter to set up my over the phone interview. I received my over the phone interview the next day or so. The call lasted about 30 minutes. I was given the start date which was almost 2 months out from the day of the call.

Once the over the phone interview was complete i was instructed to complete another assessment and listening activity which can only be performed on Internet Explorer. They will inform you to download it or go to the library. Once my second assessment was completed i received a follow up call letting me know i had passed. She then set me up with a face to face interview.

When i arrived for the face to face i was directed into a large break room with 25 to 35 other people . We waited about 15 to 20 minutes where we were met by the scheduler who then took us all down a back hall and into a show room. In this room we were greeted by 6 or 7 supervisors and we all took a seat in 2 or 3 rows. They began a presentation in which each supervisor took a turn reading important information off the power point. After that was complete we were told to sit tight.

Each supervisor then grabbed a folder which included a resume and questions for the candidates they would be bringing onto their own team. The face to face interview is going to be with your newly assigned supervisor if you are hired. I was then taken upstairs to the sales floor where i completed my one on one interview. I was suppose to then complete another one on one with his manager but was told i did so well i did not need to do a second interview. I was then walked downstairs and informed a recruiter would contact me with the next steps i would need to take in the hiring process. About a week later i got a call informing me that Comcast would like to extend my preliminary.

I then was sent an email on how to complete my background and drug screening. Once they were both complete which took another week for results.. i received another email, this time it was my official offer to join Comcast inbound sales department. I accepted ! I am now currently patiently waiting for my start date !!

**I was informed that 3 out of the 25-35 people at the interview were chosen to move forward. Comcast is VERY strict on professionalism. Make sure your hair is comber ( no excessive colors or hairstyles) make sure your clothing attire is professional and acceptable in a fortune 500 call center environment. Don't forget to brush your teeth , you will be ONE on ONE ! Also make sure your shoes are not falling apart , ladies if you're going to wear makeup make sure its not too much. You are not trying out for the circus. Guys make sure your shirt is tucked in. And last but not least NO strong perfumes or colognes. You can say ALL the right things in the interview but if you are not at least 80% professional in all about aspects , they will choose someone who is !! Speak when spoken too, try not to over talk yourself out of the job!**

Dont get discouraged, wake up early give yourself some time to get ready. Walk in there with your head up and be confident. Youll do great ! Good luck !!

Interview Questions

• Questions about overcoming objections and dealing with difficult customers. You will need to know all 4 Comcast services and probing questions for selling these services.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Livermore, CA).

Interview

Recruiter call, followed by a sit down face to face with market manager. Followed by more market managers and a director.

Listen Comcast pays well but you are a glorified baby sitter. The reps are entitled and sceamy. Don't trust your asm, don't share your plans. If the reps don't like you they will lie, cheat , steal , false claims to get you investigated. It's best to not work for them at all honestly, not worth it. You'd want to deal with adults not minimum wage children .

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

After applying, I received an email to fix an appointment with the HR. The HR interview asked about my interests and passion about my career path. Technical interview asked 3 coding questions on Hackerrank.

Interview Questions

• Technical interviewer asked 3 questions on Hackerrank   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

The interview process was beyond professional. Very nice store manager and district manager. They made the process painless as well as the recruiter. The manager of the store gave me a tour of the facility and introduced me to the team. I loved the atmosphere.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The interview only took about 10 mins, they were really nice but I felt like they already had their minds made up with another candidate. The interview was pretty easy though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me alittle about yourself? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Denver, CO).

Interview

I had a phone screening and an in-person interview at the office in Centennial. I enjoyed my interview experience, and the hiring manager said they would reach out to me regarding next steps in the process. Despite this, I never heard from them again after that in-person interview. I figured this meant I was not considered for the next step in the process, which is fine, but after an in-person interview it should be common courtesy to at least send an email stating they have decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What are ten ways to use a pencil other than for writing?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Dover, DE).

Interview

First you get called by a recruiter , they will ask you question about your background of work , once you pass that you'll get email from the recruiter , then you do a assessment test , once you pass that you get a call from a recruiter for a in person interview , once you get the person interview please dress professional and be front be carefully and meaningfully with your answers , give much details as you can , if you pass the in person interview you'll get another phone interview with a another recruiter that's the final decision is with that last phone interview once you pass that you get a call with a offer and a email to complete the background and drug test .

Interview Questions

• Why Comcast , what do you know about Comcast , what made you pick Comcast , what can you bring to the table typical questions . Ask you your good & bad situations from your previous jobs .   Answer Question

Communications Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Auburn, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on the Comcast website, where I have to take a skills test. I was then given a thirty minute phone interview with a recruiter. After that I was scheduled for an in person interview with two Tech Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter messaged me in Linked. Had a call with recruiter and asked about my current projects, salary, achievements, goals..etc. Recruiter forwarded my profile to hiring manager. Had a 30 min telephonic conversation with hiring manager. It was a high level discussion. Then they invited me for onsite interview at Philadelphia, PA. There were totally 5 interview sessions at onsite. Interviews started at 11 am and finished at 4 pm. It was bit exhausting to face back to back interviews. I was asked to give brief introduction and about projects in each interview. It was bit boring to tell again and again the same. Many white boarding programs. Be prepared to write programs on white board. Practice programs related to strings, sorting, searching..etc, be prepared to improve your solution and to provide the time complexity of the solution. Big O notations.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to find out the first three highest numbers of the integer array in descending order. Explain the time complexity of your solution (Big O Notation)   Answer Question
    • Write a program to find out the duplicates in the given list of objects. Explain the time complexity of your solution (Big O Notation)   2 Answers
    • Basic networking questions like explain about switch, hub & router   Answer Question
    • In which networking layer router falls to?   Answer Question
    • Pick a recent project and explain with technical details   Answer Question
    • There are two computers connected to the network. Explain how they communicate each other.   Answer Question
    • What is mac address & IP address?   Answer Question
    • Logic question. Room 1 has three switches and room 2 has threee bulbs. There are no markings mentinoed on the swithes to tell which
         switch belongs to which bulb. Person has to map the switches to bulbs by doing some trick.
         Explain how do you do it. Person can go to Room 2 only once from room 1.
      1 Answer
    • Write a program for the below.
         Input: ab
         Output: ab, ba

Input: abc
         Output: abc, acb, bac, bca, cab, cbc
      Answer Question
    • 9FF, convert this to binary   1 Answer
    • Find out the first occurence of non repeating character in the given string.
          input: teeter
          Output: r
    • Write a java program to shuffle the deck of cards.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview; but, the employees at Comcast couldn't figure out how to use the conference phone, so I ended up waiting 20 minutes on the line. Fortunately, the Comcast recruiter got ahold of the people by cell phone.

Everyone was pleasant and apologetic. However, 4 weeks after the interview there was no follow-up. From what I'm told, this is normal. Comcast will interview people to try and get a feel for what the landscape looks like. I think, eventually, potential employees will see the pattern.

Interview Questions

• Questions about python, Machine Learning, whether papers had been published, questions on recursions. Oddly enough, the questions were simple... However, one person spoke very bad english and it was not possible to understand what he was saying.

In Machine Learning there are a lot of acronyms PCA, R^2, TSNE, ReLU, Sigmoid... but for the life of me I couldn't understand what the person was saying.